Home Ratings & Reviews

Pueblo Dominicano...Surprise Surprise

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I've really liked the few I've smoked. A lot better than a 5V Gold.
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    My son loves these. The only stick he really likes.

I agree these are better than the Gold, but for my taste I actually prefer the 5V Classic (red band) in that price point. A great value.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    dennisking:
    I've really liked the few I've smoked. A lot better than a 5V Gold.

I have found that the longer 5 Vegas (any flavor) rests the better they get. And the new Miami is no exception, in fact I will probably have my AM send me a box of Toros every month.
    jadelt:
    My son loves these. The only stick he really likes.

I agree these are better than the Gold, but for my taste I actually prefer the 5V Classic (red band) in that price point. A great value.

The difference in flavors between the 5 Vegas Gold (IMHO) and the PD are so striking I would be hard put to pick one over the other. I am forever looking for the perfect coffee companion. I know that the older the 5 Vegas Gold gets (again IMHO) the more enjoyable it is.

I recently smoked a RED Band that had been sitting for some time and it was vastly improved from the first one from the same batch. I have also decided that the large ring (55) does not age as well, or maybe as fast.

A bit off topic....I have found, and I don't know why, that the 5 Vegas humidor holds humidity longer and at a steadier level then my other humidors. I will probably get another one......
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I like them too much, never held on to one that long.
    Amos Umwhat:

My apologies, you like the PD or 5 Vegas too much?
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    jd50ae:
    Amos Umwhat:

My apologies, you like the PD or 5 Vegas too much?
    I like both, but the PD was what I was referring to. Never been able to keep them more than a couple months, I like to smoke them too much.
  • bripperbripper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 67
    Like the Pueblo Dominicano torpedo. If you do, try its stronger cousin -- Cuba Libre One. Excellent value smoke.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    bripper:
    Like the Pueblo Dominicano torpedo. If you do, try its stronger cousin -- Cuba Libre One. Excellent value smoke.
    love both!