• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Well, the bottle says.........

any good?
    roland_7707:
    Well, the bottle says.........

any good?
    Never was an IPA guy. This one right here may just change it all.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    danielzreyes:
    What about it made it significantly better than all the other IPA's?
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    I'm turned off by the finish in most IPAs. Ya know, that sceeechcheecchcchheee bitterness feeling right under your jawbone. I didn't get that with this. Smoooooth
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    I'm turned off by the finish in most IPAs. Ya know, that sceeechcheecchcchheee bitterness feeling right under your jawbone. I didn't get that with this. Smoooooth
    Yeah, I'm right there with you with the IPA hate. If that bitterness isn't there, then is it really an IPA???
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Just picked up something new that looked like it might be good. I like Shock Top, so when I saw that they released a Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat beer, I decided to try it...

YUCK!!! Thought the focus would be on the bourbon, but instead it's on the honey. The honey finish is so strong it's like taking a spoonful with every sip.

So, what do you do when you buy a CASE of something and find out after the first bottle that you don't like it?
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Puff_Dougie:
    Just picked up something new that looked like it might be good. I like Shock Top, so when I saw that they released a Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat beer, I decided to try it...

YUCK!!! Thought the focus would be on the bourbon, but instead it's on the honey. The honey finish is so strong it's like taking a spoonful with every sip.

So, what do you do when you buy a CASE of something and find out after the first bottle that you don't like it?
    Throw a party?
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Yeah, I'm right there with you with the IPA hate. If that bitterness isn't there, then is it really an IPA???
    The up front bitterness is there which I like. The grapefruit/lychee cups taste. I'm talking about that bite at the end. Gets ya riiiiiiiihgt there. Right under the jaw. Riiiiiiiight there.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Puff_Dougie:

That was the worst beer I have had in a long time.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Santa showed up early this year.....
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Puff_Dougie:

Ruin a homeless persons day.
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    The up front bitterness is there which I like. The grapefruit/lychee cups taste. I'm talking about that bite at the end. Gets ya riiiiiiiihgt there. Right under the jaw. Riiiiiiiight there.
    I like most of the beers that Stone makes. They have some of the smoothest IPAs out there for sure
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I love me some IPA, DIPA during summer but right now I like to turn to porters, stouts and barley wine beers to keep me warm this time of year, lol
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Puff_Dougie:

Doug, had the same reaction to it as you did. Let it sit 4 - 6 months and then try it again, it does get better.
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:

Doug, had the same reaction to it as you did. Let it sit 4 - 6 months and then try it again, it does get better.
    Good idea, Todd... but too late. My neighbor was over to watch football this afternoon and he actually liked it, so I sent the case home with him. Turned out his birthday is next weekend too, so it worked out perfectly.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Puff_Dougie:
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:

Good idea, Todd... but too late. My neighbor was over to watch football this afternoon and he actually liked it, so I sent the case home with him. Turned out his birthday is next weekend too, so it worked out perfectly.
    That's an even better solution.

On a side note, if you like Shock Top, during the winter they do a chocolate and original mixed six pack, the idea is to mix them to get chocolate orange. However, the chocolate is fantastic on it's own but if you mix it, 50/50, with the raspberry it is even better. In my area they do the mixed 12 pack with 4 bottles of each.
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:

On a side note, if you like Shock Top, during the winter they do a chocolate and original mixed six pack, the idea is to mix them to get chocolate orange. However, the chocolate is fantastic on it's own but if you mix it, 50/50, with the raspberry it is even better. In my area they do the mixed 12 pack with 4 bottles of each.
    Yes, that chocolate was really good. I preferred it by itself, but decent mixed together too.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    had these so far. and its only 11:47AM! I am not an alcoholic. I am an alcohol enthusiast.
    CharlieHeis:
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:

Yes, that chocolate was really good. I preferred it by itself, but decent mixed together too.
    I'll have to watch for those. In the meantime, I picked this up to replace the honey-sweet bourbon cask wheat nightmare. This one is brewed and bottled locally here in good 'ol Latrobe. Very nice so far! Distinct but not overpowering chocolate note and 6.5% ABV. Thinkin' it would go great with a big bowl of Cocoa Puffs! :^)

jliu:
    had these so far. and its only 11:47AM! I am not an alcoholic. I am an alcohol enthusiast.

You're supposed to drink it from the can.
    CharlieHeis:
    jliu:

Bahahahaa!! Says so right there, don't it?
    Puff_Dougie:
    CharlieHeis:
    jliu:

i know i know. but I spent money on that speegaloooo glass and I rarely use it. you silly goose
    jliu:
    Puff_Dougie:
    CharlieHeis:
    jliu:

i know i know. but I spent money on that speegaloooo glass and I rarely use it. you silly goose
    Haha! Your call, brudda... Just never saw beer that came with instructions before. LOL
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    CharlieHeis:
    jliu:

Not only do you drink from the can, when you crack it open you sniff that ish like you're gonna get high on nitrous. Best beer I've ever had, IMPOSSIBLE to come by. Tried to clone it with homebrew this past weekend, we'll see how that goes.

By the way, it comes with instructions because the guy that brews it is a mad genius. It's also never supposed to get warm (it's not pasteurized) and it's not supposed to be kept long before drinking.
    Ken Light:
    CharlieHeis:
    jliu:

Not only do you drink from the can, when you crack it open you sniff that ish like you're gonna get high on nitrous. Best beer I've ever had, IMPOSSIBLE to come by. Tried to clone it with homebrew this past weekend, we'll see how that goes.

By the way, it comes with instructions because the guy that brews it is a mad genius. It's also never supposed to get warm (it's not pasteurized) and it's not supposed to be kept long before drinking.
    Yea dawg. I drank all ipa overall within a week of my purchase. Fo sho xoxo
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Does anyone have the Anchor Christmas Ale around them?
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    roland_7707:
    Does anyone have the Anchor Christmas Ale around them?
    Im sure itll show up near me soon.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Going to have to restock my Labatt soon if CBJ keeps losing and I keep having to drink my sorrows away.

Or maybe I should switch to Molson .... will see what's on sale.

Colder outside these days, dark at 530, & gardening season is officially over with the hard freeze we had last weekend. Winter'll be here soon so I had to stock up on a couple Xmas seasonal ales when I found them.
    (Something to drink on non-hockey nights).

Should last me until Thanksgiving, hopefully, LOL