Home General Discussion

Mold or Plume????

Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
So I got some smokes from another online retailer. When they came in I found this. imagephoto IMAG1143_BURST002.jpgimagephoto IMAG1144.jpg What do you think?

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    Looks like mold to me. little fuzzy wuzzy
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    spotches of cocaine. you know what do to ;)
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I think you should never buy anything again from that retailer lol... That's just terrible.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Wow, worst it have ever seen.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    That is nasty. Which retailer so I know never to buy from them
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    rsherman24:
    That is nasty. Which retailer so I know never to buy from them

AMEN
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Definitely mold. Plume looks crystalline and would be all over the cigar. Mold is white or blue and patchy.
    Is that 2 different cigars? Please post the name.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Damit!!it was BnB tobacco! Throwith under the bus! Calling them now. I fell for the group on $50 for $100 Rest look good just These two.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Darktower007:
    Damit!!it was BnB tobacco! Throwith under the bus! Calling them now. I fell for the group on $50 for $100 Rest look good just These two.
    sorry to hear this! I always stick with a handful of places online I trust
    I would also just segregate the other sticks from the humi if they were transported in the same bag at least for the next few days. Mold spores are a pain. Make sure that the rh in the segregated container is less than 70.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Like Ccom!
    Chemnitz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Like Ccom!

If that had of been a CCom (never happen) order they would have already called you falling all over themselves to make it right. And probably held a public tar and feathering. TUBOs...?
    Lol they don't answer the phone! It says leave a msg..Ughh..quarantine in process. Probably the dang Tubo it came in, although never seen this from usual online sources. The rest look okay...for now they go in a saparate humi. So what the Heck do you do with a moldy cigar? Trash?
    It's up to you, but I would say it depends on how deep the fungus goes. If you wipe it off, it should normally be ok. However, if you cut the cap and still find mold, toss it.
  • slamb@cigar.comslamb@cigar.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    That just looks like some simple surface mold, you should be ok. You should be able to just wipe that off with a damp paper towel. I would still segregate them just to be safe, but if it's only those two, whipping it off and smoking it, you'll be fine.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Darktower007:
    Lol they don't answer the phone! It says leave a msg..Ughh..quarantine in process. Probably the dang Tubo it came in, although never seen this from usual online sources. The rest look okay...for now they go in a saparate humi. So what the Heck do you do with a moldy cigar? Trash?

ah, tubo. makes a little more sense. give them hell and get new ones. then smoke the ish out of them
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Does it smell or taste like mushrooms?
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    hairy, fuzzy, bumpy, blotchy = mold.
    Glittery, powdery, fine sugar look crystals or like very fine salt = plume.
    There was a picture of an opus with a great example. I think it was a post on cfed.
    If I'm not mistaken, I am pretty sure it was one that catfish posted it.

Under a magnifying glass, it becomes pretty evident.
    It's amazing how easy it is to spot once you understand what it is.
    Although in this instance, it is easy to tell it is mold.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    absolutely mold

if you ever have doubt again check out this link: CLICK

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Damn! Sucks... :( you can definitely wipe em off and smoke em if youd like. And I hope you get some freebies. Mold, even in a tubo, is totally unacceptable from a retailer in my opinion.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Bummer man. Hope they make it right. If they start the ole it's not mold it's plume line I'd never use them again. I had one donkeys butt told me mold was a good thing because that's what causes plume. He wasn't happy when I told him he didn't know what he was talking about.
    Don't bother calling BnB tobacco. I was on the road for 6 hours today for work, and I started calling them at 9:00 AM est. I CALLED THEM 42 TIMES before I reached someone at like 10:30AM! Each call as three minutes or so then you get.. "we're sorry you missed us at bnb tobacco please leave a message!" Jackasses! When she answered, poor girl walked right into a buzz saw, I let em have it. Some how I didn't cuss her out entirely, I said. "Hey lady, look..my dang cigars are a freaking mold factory!" "What the hell is the RH in that place?" Stunned she had no idea what i was talking about. she said "Sir, I'm going to need you to take a picture of your receipt, the affected cigars and email us the photos, so we can process your complaint." Really?? Good grief I'll give them a little bit to make up for their carelessness, if not I'm posting all kinds of moldy nasty cigars on their Facebook page!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Darktower007:
    Don't bother calling BnB tobacco. I was on the road for 6 hours today for work, and I started calling them at 9:00 AM est. I CALLED THEM 42 TIMES before I reached someone at like 10:30AM! Each call as three minutes or so then you get.. "we're sorry you missed us at bnb tobacco please leave a message!" Jackasses! When she answered, poor girl walked right into a buzz saw, I let em have it. Some how I didn't cuss her out entirely, I said. "Hey lady, look..my dang cigars are a freaking mold factory!" "What the hell is the RH in that place?" Stunned she had no idea what i was talking about. she said "Sir, I'm going to need you to take a picture of your receipt, the affected cigars and email us the photos, so we can process your complaint." Really?? Good grief I'll give them a little bit to make up for their carelessness, if not I'm posting all kinds of moldy nasty cigars on their Facebook page!
    Thats bullshit. They don't even believe you without a pic?? Yeah... I called 42 times to try and scam you out of 5 cigars.... Lol! I guess send em a pic. Totally post it on Facebook too. Sounds like a terrible place to buy from :(
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I had a similar experience with a B&M in Santa Fe back in April. I bought a couple cigars while walking home one evening and didn't inspect them that well until I got back to the room. I went to fire up the AVO I had bought and found several white spots of mold on the wrapper. I wiped it off, didn't see any on the foot of the cigar and figured I was good. It tasted like crap and I tossed it. I inspected the other cigar I had to find no mold on the wrapper but a hairy growth on the foot.

I took the cigar I still had back to the shop in the morning to get my money back. I showed him the mold on the foot and told him his AVOs are moldy as well. He of course pulled out an AVO with no sign of mold, but it revealed one under it in the box that was covered in it. I told him his shop was moldy and that I wasn't going to ruin his business by broadcasting it, but he should get the problem taken care of. He said "oh mold is normal for cigars, it's perfectly fine." He must have realized I knew he was full of *** by the look on my face and he quickly refunded my money. Some people eh?