Home General Discussion

thompson cigar

bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
I know that I shouldn't be asking about another online cigar company on here, but does anyone have any experience with Thompson.  They definitely do not seem as professional as CCOM, they actaully seem kind of sketchy.  I have been very impressed with CCOM, but just thought I would see what experiences others have had.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Dude. Don't even get these guys started.. Vey bad subject. Look for a thread here called HO-LEE CRAP Felllas.. That should explain it. Cigars.com should be your only stop. You shall never mention that other company again !!! :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    bobd:
    I know that I shouldn't be asking about another online cigar company on here, but does anyone have any experience with Thompson.  They definitely do not seem as professional as CCOM, they actaully seem kind of sketchy.  I have been very impressed with CCOM, but just thought I would see what experiences others have had.

Oh MY Gawd .... The best damn thing you could ever possibly do is forget they even exist !!! They just finished screwing several people here with their old bait and swithch BS ! I'm serious , forget you ever heard of those losers . You have some how successfully found the only place you will ever need to order on-line smokes from ...great prices and OUTSTANDING customer service. You are about to receive a shiiite - storm of responses to this post all telling you the same thing .
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    Im not in the business of telling other people how to conduct...well...business...but i swear that if you go to thompsons you will be 100x more likely to kill yourself...its proven. dont argue with science
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Just stay away from them. Some of our members are involved in a lot of bs with them, because the company sucks. They were too crappy to even send me a damn catalog. I was new to the hobby, and didn't know anything about them. I've since learned that they aren't worth your time.
  • bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
    Sorry guys I knew that I shouldn't have even asked, the good thing though is that I have never bought from them and after the excellent service that I have received from ccom, I never will.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    bobd:
    Sorry guys I knew that I shouldn't have even asked, the good thing though is that I have never bought from them and after the excellent service that I have received from ccom, I never will.
    There's no shame in asking. It's always good to get an opinion on an online seller, that's for sure.
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    bobd:
    shame on you. just kidding, it is always good to ask. But seriously, we are not over exaggerating. I think everybody on here has gotten multiple phone calls or emails from them...hmmm....actually go ahead and order something from them so you can go through that hell, itll be like an initiation into the club of hating thompsons...kidding.
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    When i stated to smoke cigars.....this was the company i used to place my first order....for one thing, my order never shipped till a week after i placed the online order!!!! When i recieved my order it was 2 weeks from the point i placed my order....now that sucks. I have never ordered since....stick with CCC.Com
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Sucks. Also, if you order you have to give them your phone number. Expect about 12 calls a day.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I don't see any harm in giving them your address though...

*EVIL GRIN*
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Lasabar:
    I don't see any harm in giving them your address though...

*EVIL GRIN*
    Yea, just in case you ever run outta toilet paper...
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    WTF? Stupid @$# Mother $^#%$(* #^$%#^@ pieces of $%@^ $^#% ^#%@tarded little son of a %#^$&. That is what I think of them. Never again! NEVER! No matter how good a deal.
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    hahaha I read the first question and literally lol'd. in case you hadn't found it for some reason. A good bit of reading

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/76383.aspx
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    At first I thought this post was a freaking joke, but yeah..Thompsons is the boil that is on the butt of the online cigar world.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Get on their mailing list so that it costs them money to send their catalog. When it arrives, observe how every cigar looks old and dry and terrible. Compare the catalog to a cigar.com catalog. Thompson is a terrible company who do not care about the individual consumer. They are in it to make as much money as possible and do not care who the step on along the way. It's ultimately your choice but I recommend that cigar.com be your exclusive dealer of the good life!
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Since the screwed me (and others) a couple of weeks ago on that deal, I have called their 800 number about 50 times a day when the family goes to bed. It costs them about .50 cents every time I call so it is starting to add up. They will never know about this but they should have stood behind their mistake. Now they will pay double what the normal price would have been and would have been cheaper to honor the deal.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    jsnake:
    WTF? Stupid @$# Mother $^#%$(* #^$%#^@ pieces of $%@^ $^#% ^#%@tarded little son of a %#^$&. That is what I think of them. Never again! NEVER! No matter how good a deal.
    Quite simply put, I heartily agree.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    bobd:
    I'm glad you asked this and not me... but after such overwhelmingly bad response, don't think they're worth my time.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    however i'm receiving my gurkha crest tin tomorrow and my box of dragons in early novermber. i still hate... HATE... thompson.
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    undulac:
    Since the screwed me (and others) a couple of weeks ago on that deal, I have called their 800 number about 50 times a day when the family goes to bed. It costs them about .50 cents every time I call so it is starting to add up. They will never know about this but they should have stood behind their mistake. Now they will pay double what the normal price would have been and would have been cheaper to honor the deal.
    on the same note if you google soemthing and a sponsored link pops up (at the top or on the right) it costs the company everytime you click that link. It only works so many times a day (their link won't show up anymore) but one more way for someone who is bored to stick it to em.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am waiting for a management official to call me back. I decided to take another go at their Customer Non-service. They just keep saying sorry over and over. Then they offer me a free $1 cigar cutter and I said are you kidding me. Then they offered me 2 free lighters and I am told them it was a joke of an offer. I am not looking for a free box or a handout. I want my cigars for the price they advertised. I don't care if the keep the freebie. Hell they can keep the 2nd box. Just give me my damn cigars for what you priced them for.

Sir we discontinued those cigars. Yeah, 2 days after I ordered them so where are my cigars. I shouldn't bother but I am not dropping this until they resolve it. Any other company would honor their price or resolve the issue in a mutual way so the customer feels satisfied and will return. Not with these Bozos. Every CS rep has been just sorry....sorry....sorry we don't have them....sorry no I can't do anything for you......sorry..... oh you won't be a customer anymore well we don't really care.
  • BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    What a bunch of idiots! Imagine all the good publicity they would be getting if they would have just admitted that they screwed up, and honored the orders that made it in. Even if they limited to one box per customer. Instead they pissed off a lot of people and those people have told their story to more people who will most likely never shop there.
    Happy customers tell a few people about their experience an unhappy customer tells everyone!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    How the hell does this company stay in business?? I never heard a good thing about this company, it just seems like the cigar virgins out there order from them once just cuz they don't know any better (yes, I did this too) but without any return business, no company can keep going....unless they are in league with the Devil!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    From A to Z they are a terrible company. I've ordered from them twice in the past and each time the cigars were dry and they took a long time to get to my door step. I will never, ever buy from them again. My only business will be with their catalog this winter. Nice fire starter for my fireplace and fire pit!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Krieg:
    How the hell does this company stay in business??

I don't know the answer to your question but all one needs to do is pick up a magazine - practically any magazine - and chances are you'll find one of their ads in it. I've never seen so many ads in so many publications as these guys put out. They must have a helluva advertising budget.