Home General Discussion

CAO eXtreme

betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
Hey, so my local B&M had a CAO event tonight, they actually unearthed a box of CAO eXtreme. What's the deal with these, never heard of em. I bought a pair, but there is still half a box left.

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I smoked a few of these when I first got into cigars years ago. I smoked a lot of CAO, actually. The extreme was powerful, at least it was to me at the time - I was somewhat of a cigar noob. No clue what it tastes like, other than it got me sick once, lol.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Never heard of it and I am a fan of CAO. We have an event on the 16th here. I would like to try one of those fo sho yo.
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    betasynn:
    Hey, so my local B&M had a CAO event tonight, they actually unearthed a box of CAO eXtreme. What's the deal with these, never heard of em. I bought a pair, but there is still half a box left.
    They made it awhile back and wanted to put it into production, but there was no way a mass production was possible or viable so they only release it in limited quantities. Id like to see a review if you have the time beta. Theres a good CAO video on cigar aficionados website that shows them in it along with a few other unreleased caos they have aging.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I'll smoke one tomorrow.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I wonder if it's like the lx2
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    its basically what happened with the mx3, they couldnt produce it fast enough becuase of the drying process of that maduro leaf or something. my take? NO excuses CAO i dont care whats physicallly possible give me my cigar....NOW! ;)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    CAO event on the 20th hosted by one of my local B&M's at a pub called Churchills about 30 minutes from me ...think I will be attending this one ...
    The cost is $10.00 and limited to the first 35 people. The $10 bucks gets you a CAO Italia and CAO Cameroon plus heavy hors d oeuvres and they have a cash bar. Theres also drawings for some freebies. Sounds reasonable to me.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Does anyone know a reputable dealer still stocking eXtremes at a reasonable price? I tried them a few summers ago when I was in Texarkana from the local B&M. Can't find them at any B&M any more. I have seen a few websites with them, but none I have any experience with or have heard anything about.

If someone knows where I could pick up a box at a reasonable price I would appreciate it.

Thanks
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I asked the CAO rep about them and he said the only way to get them is if you find them at a B&M. If anyone does happen to find any I would like to try one if you can pick up an extra.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    so i guess these got a full release to online retailers......are these the same blend or something new?
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    Supposed to be strong nicotine wise but I have never had one.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Old thread I know.

Not my favorite CAO out of the ones I have tried so far, but no complaints. For a quad ligero I was expecting spicier then I got. But on the retrohale it did burn the hairs right out of my nose.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    brianetz1:
    so i guess these got a full release to online retailers......are these the same blend or something new?
    Hell I thought they were a new thing. These 3 new ones for my must try list Extreme, Amazon( which I hear good things about and the Columbia which I think is supposed to be a tweaked version of Brazillia which is one of my faves.