Home General Discussion

Olivia Series V Melanio Box

BrianakBrianak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 227
Would it be OK to leave theses in the box for a week or so as a new humidor arrives and gets seasoned? The box has a boveda 69 packet inside. Should I put the box in a gallon ziplock bag?

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Brianak:
    Should I put the box in a gallon ziplock bag?
    That is what I would do.

How big is the boveda inside the box, and what is its condition (dried out or soft and squishy)? If it is one of the really small ones I might consider putting one of the bigger sized ones in the zip lock bag but if you don’t have one, for a week’s time, I would not sweat it.
  • BrianakBrianak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 227
    It's about the size of a dollar folded in half and it felt hard. Will stop by the local shop to see if they have them.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    You know, I was digging through some stuff and found a boveda I certainly didn't buy...it probably came out of this box and I didn't remember it. It was in a ziploc with some other baggies and bands. I'm going to try and recharge it, now, after the C101 thread recently.

But yeah, I'd slide the box in a gallon bag and put a humi-pillow or boveda in there. Should be good indefinitely while you get the humi going.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    First of all those cigars are wonderful...just ordered a box and got mine this week. Secondly, if it were me I'd put that box either inside a tupperador or ziploc with the provision that the box be open or at least left partially open. The boveda should do the job just fine until your humidor is seasoned.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    I looked in my old Melanio boxes and found 69 boveda's small ones in the bottom.