Home General Discussion

temp and RH controlled units.

Gino101Gino101 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
I know there is a ton of knowledge out there so I am asking you guys for some education. What do you think of the Avallo units compared to the Monolith and Remington humidors? Does anyone have any firsthand experience with these models? Are they worth the money and most important do they work? Thanks for any help you can provide. Gino

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Talk to Juinn, Trident, and Alex S. They all use them I believe. A couple friends of mine use the monolith's and love them.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    my avallo that has temp and humidity control works great. had it for a little over a year I believe. no complaints. I love it. let me know if you have any specific questions
  • Gino101Gino101 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    Hi I was comparing the 1200 and the 2000. Are you satisfied? Which one do you have? Is it solid wood or cheap wood? It is hard to tell from pics. Do you think two canisters are good enough for the 2000? Same as the 1200? Are the canisters easy to get to and fill up and are they easy to see so you know when you have to add water? Any help would be appreciated Thanks
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Gino101:
    Hi I was comparing the 1200 and the 2000. Are you satisfied? Which one do you have? Is it solid wood or cheap wood? It is hard to tell from pics. Do you think two canisters are good enough for the 2000? Same as the 1200? Are the canisters easy to get to and fill up and are they easy to see so you know when you have to add water? Any help would be appreciated Thanks
    I'm very satisfied. Matt at Avallo is very easy to work work. He's been doing this stuff for well over 10 years. I have essentially the cooled DDD+. I modified it a little by having less singles shelf space and i added an extra cooling unit. Two canisters are more than enough for the 1200 or 2000. Canisters are easy to get to. All the shlves fully slide out. The piece isn't cheaply made. Matt uses very good quality materials and he stands by his products.
  • Gino101Gino101 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    ok Thanks for the info!