Home General Discussion

Celebrating my new boy.

Jarhead2823Jarhead2823 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
At the end of next month I will be a father again and need a good suggestion for cigars for people who do not smoke much. Any ideas will be a great help.

Keith

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Congrats on the addition to your family. You are going to get a ton of responses and I'm sure all them will be good. If you are looking for a good stick at a great price, I would recommend calling customer service and talking to Tim, Jeff, or any of the guys and explain your situation and what you're looking for. They may have some sticks that they are looking to get rid of that they can make you a deal on. Worth a shot.
  • BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Best price, yet a good cigar is the cigar.com house blends. Go with the purple label. You may want to call in and find out when they are getting more because they are out of stock. Also if price is not an issue Macanudo cigars a very mild.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Also, a favorite mild of mine, though a bit more pricey, is the Oliva Connecticut, or the Casa Torano.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Congrats on the new baby boy
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Congratulations on the new addition! I'll second the CCOM house blends. Great smokes for a really great price. I'd try to go with something pretty mild, if they don't smoke much. Give one of the reps here a call, and they could hook you up with something I'm sure. They probably get more than a few calls on things like this, so they will be a big help.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    If price isn't an object, may I suggest either a Padron 1964 or a A. Fuente God of Fire. I always smoke a good cigar and have a glass of my JW Blue on my son's birthday. It's a nice way to celebrate. And congrats on your new addition!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    +1 for god of fire
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Congrats Devil Dog! I would go with the Padron 26, Camacho 3xMaduro or 5Vegas 'A'...RP 92 maybe. This is on my mind as well since I have one coming in March.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I think he's looking for cigars for non smokers ...having said that the CCOM house blends are a can't miss ...
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Well I'm too new to make a legitimate suggestion, but I wanted to chime in and say congratulations on your new boy. I know my lady and I are way excited to have kids, but we're putting it off for a few years to be sure that we're financially set... Best of luck to ya, and I'm sure with all the guys here you'll find some great sticks to enjoy.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    gmill880:
    I think he's looking for cigars for non smokers ...having said that the CCOM house blends are a can't miss ...
    yes then you are correct...perhaps flor de olivas, if you wanna go real cheap
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Having just recently smoked one and having it be very flavorful but not really spicy at all was the Verdadero Organic...

Box of Robustos (20) for $80 ain't too bad!
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I posted earlier but I might as well throw a selection in there instead of telling you to call. I always keep quite a few of the Padilla Achilles on hand for pass outs (I smoke quite a few too). It is a stick that I have no problems with and something that I pass out and actually feel like I'm giving out a good cigar. You will not be disappointed and with the rubustos running at $2.50 per, you can't beat it.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    undulac:
    I posted earlier but I might as well throw a selection in there instead of telling you to call. I always keep quite a few of the Padilla Achilles on hand for pass outs (I smoke quite a few too). It is a stick that I have no problems with and something that I pass out and actually feel like I'm giving out a good cigar. You will not be disappointed and with the rubustos running at $2.50 per, you can't beat it.
    Good suggestion. Just ordered a box for the same reason. A great smoke, but medium bodied enough for new smokers. And cheap if they hate it, lol. Other suggestions along the same lines, you can probably get them for under $4 a stick if you tell someone from customer service you are having a baby:

5 Vegas Gold
    La Aroma de Cuba
    Verdadero Organic
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Congrats. My son is almost 2 months old and I am still celebrating!! Good suggestions here.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I probably have many sons... in many different states.... That is why I smoke cigars as often as I do... CELEBRATION!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Nice! I may have a few in foreign countries. Not sure but lets keep celebrating the birth of boys.......and girls.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Congrats on the new addition to the family! I want to echo the Verdadero Organic. They are a pretty mild cigar, good flavor and a great price. I have a buddy who never smoked cigars and I gave him a few of these and he loved them.