Home General Discussion

Visiting the Bay Area in June

jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
For any of you BOTLs living in or near the Bay Area, my child bride and I will be visiting the Olema RV park in Olema, CA beginning 6/8/14 for 3 nights. We'll arrive semi-late Sunday afternoon and leave for home on Wednesday, 6/11.

We'll also be camping at Seacliff State Beach in Aptos, CA for 5 nights beginning 6/24 and leaving for home on 6/29. We'll probably arrive mid- to late-afternoon here as well.

If anyone is interested in getting together to incinerate a stick or two and get acquainted please let me know in advance so i can plan for it. The purpose of this heads-up is so you can peruse your calendar to see if you might be able to make it.

If you think you might, shoot me a PM telling me what day you're thinking of and we'll go from there.

Comments

• blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Olema is in a really cool area. Just up the road in Point Reyes Station the Cowgirl Creamery has tremendous cheese if you're into it, and a little bit further up the road is the Marshall Store and they have some of the best BBQ oysters ever. I'm not sure if I can get the time off work, but I'll let you know if I can get a day off. Great excuse to get out to the coast.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Thanks for the info, Jason. Is that the same cheese factory as one called the Marin French Cheese factory? The member of our camping club who will be the Wagonmaster for this campout told us about the French one. Are there others in that area? He didn't tell us about the store or other area attractions, though. Of course, we know about Point Reyes but beyond that this will be a new place to explore.

I'll hold good thoughts for you being able to get a day off and getting together for a Herf. That would be great. I seem to recall another BOTL from the Novato area but I don't remember who he is. With any luck at all he might be interested and able to join in.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    No the Marin French place is close as well, and they have a great place to picnic with a little lake and picnic tables. They have more than just cheese too. The Creamery is just a little store in Point Reyes Station they have fantastic homemade ice cream too. When they say happy cows come from California, this is where they are talking about.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Cool. Like I always say, HARARUYAH !! Finding good places to go. Looking forward to it. Thanks again, Bro. Now, go massage your calendar.... LoL