Home General Discussion

Intro

TheRakeIsRealTheRakeIsReal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
Hi everyone! Names Aaron! Im farely new to cigars and thought this forum would be a good way to broaden my horizens. I am a newbie so I need as much help as possible haha.

Comments

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Welcome Aaron. What help do you need?
  • TheRakeIsRealTheRakeIsReal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    I would like to find a good portable starter kit with a lighter cutter and humi. Since im in afghanistan i need something durable for the flight back home when the time comes and just suggestions on cigars.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Welcome.What unit are you in? Stationed? A/S/L?
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Welcome to ccom!!
    Im in 563d asb an aviation unit out of Ft. Campbell
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    TheRakeIsReal:
    Welcome to the family and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    TheRakeIsReal:
    I would like to find a good portable starter kit with a lighter cutter and humi. Since im in afghanistan i need something durable for the flight back home when the time comes and just suggestions on cigars.
    What about this? It's on clearance.
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-BKOPSCASE-40
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Welcome Aaron! Helpful group of BOTLs here - you'll learn a lot.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    If you really just want to, Call CCom and let them know what you are looking for and they usually can put something togeather.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Welcome brother and thank you for your service!
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    TheRakeIsReal:
    Welcome brother, I spent 6 years just down the road from you in 4th BDE. Enjoy it here!
    Thanks everyone for the useful info i bought a big bundle of stuff today the ironsides humi was one of them and a custom sampler
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    TheRakeIsReal:
    Thanks everyone for the useful info i bought a big bundle of stuff today the ironsides humi was one of them and a custom sampler
    Hate to break it to ya, but your humi is gonna be too small.... I didn't believe everyone telling me the same thing when I first joined and now I've got sticks sitting in zip lock bags... buy a cooler. ;)

EDIT: nevermind, read the post again... your gonna need a cooler when you get back stateside
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    Welcome to the forums!
    chrislolds:
    TheRakeIsReal:
    Hate to break it to ya, but your humi is gonna be too small.... I didn't believe everyone telling me the same thing when I first joined and now I've got sticks sitting in zip lock bags... buy a cooler. ;)

EDIT: nevermind, read the post again... your gonna need a cooler when you get back stateside
    He's 100% right. I'm having to do the exact same thing now too. Spend more money now on something big so you'll save more money in the long run.
    chrislolds:
    TheRakeIsReal:

Yea where can i find a good cooler i havent seen any on this site.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Welcome Aaron, you came to the right place. I learned so much from this forum myself getting started, a great bunch of BOTLs here. You may want to check out the articles, newsletters, and all the community stuff too, so much good info and the videos are pretty good. Oh, and hanging around here you will need another source of income soon, just sayin. Stay safe.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    TheRakeIsReal:
    chrislolds:
    TheRakeIsReal:

Yea where can i find a gooyd cooler i havent seen any on this site.
    When are you returning home? Any igloo out Coleman will do.