Home General Discussion

Perdomo Champagne Epicure - Daily Deal

chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
The daily deal, I've been thinking of getting some of these for awhile now and saw this up on the daily deal, I'd like to get an opinion from people on the forum on not only the cigar itself but also on the deal and if they think it's a good deal for these?

(10) Perdomo Champagne Epicure $39.95

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    I love them. And it is a good price. They go for 7.00 regularly. Sometimes they show up on Sprint Sale for a little less. Charlie
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    Wow, love being the cigar of the month member, even cheaper at $35.96 as a member! I think I'm going to pick some up to try, great price.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    I think I may have one or two let me look and I'll send to to you,since I'm all ready throwing a package together for you.unfortunately it'll take 3 days to get their so I don't know if you'll want to wait.there a good smoke and its a good price
    twistedstem:
    I think I may have one or two let me look and I'll send to to you,since I'm all ready throwing a package together for you.unfortunately it'll take 3 days to get their so I don't know if you'll want to wait.there a good smoke and its a good price
    Keep em for another BOTL, I just emailed Andy at CCOM on ordering the DD. Just the Trivia winnings! ;)

You like the Perdomo Champagne? My fiance likes to smoke cigars with me and I've been trying to narrow down her tastes, she seems to like the milder connecticut wrappers with some nutty flavor, so these looked like they'd fit the bill and be good for a morning smoke for me on the weekends with some coffee.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 184
    Thats an amazing price! i wish i had my humidor set up but that's not happening until Monday because i would jump on this deal. the cheapest I found them online was $135 for a box of 25 which is about $5.40 a cigar. these cigars are my favorite cigars.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Beaker38:
    Thats an amazing price! i wish i had my humidor set up but that's not happening until Monday because i would jump on this deal. the cheapest I found them online was $135 for a box of 25 which is about $5.40 a cigar. these cigars are my favorite cigars.
    1. Call a Rep and ask them if they would "please" ship you the daily deal with a humipack
    2. When you get them, unbox the cigars and place them in a gallon zipper bag with the humipack
    3. When the humidor is ready, place the cigar in the humidor.

Problem solved. no need to miss out on your favorite cigar. The other option is to call when the humi is ready, tell the rep you missed it but would like the deal. 9 times out of 10 they'll go for it.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    chrislolds:
    twistedstem:
    Keep em for another BOTL, I just emailed Andy at CCOM on ordering the DD. Just the Trivia winnings! ;)

You like the Perdomo Champagne? My fiance likes to smoke cigars with me and I've been trying to narrow down her tastes, she seems to like the milder connecticut wrappers with some nutty flavor, so these looked like they'd fit the bill and be good for a morning smoke for me on the weekends with some coffee.
    OK...yeah I'd also recommend the park avenue the are a lighter smoke,good with coffee in my opinion.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Good price for these. And as far as flavor and such, to quote myself:

My return to Perdomo was far more successful than any forays into the Lot 23. The Reserve 10th Champagne Robusto was a beautiful golden stick...or was that just the cello? Well, the cello is tinted, which I don't really care for because it hides the cigar from a good inspection. But once I pulled this stick out, it was still a smooth golden wrapper. The aroma was good, but I didn't get much flavor from the cap.

After a long toast, this lights right up. The roll is loose and the cigar smokes pretty quickly because of that, but not too quickly. Easy draw with that, of course. The flavors are toast, cream, and nutmeg. On the retro, I got some black pepper, but not much in the mouth.

The combination of flavors is what I expect from a good CT, with the addition of extra pepper in the retro. There wasn't a lot of evolution of flavor through the smoke, but it was pleasurable. Some hints of cedar came and went, and there was some sweetness; however, the construction and ease of smoke are what really stands out on this cigar. The first ash held solid over 2 inches. So did the second. After that I nubbed it. Nothing offensive to this smoke at all in terms of flavors, strength, feel, or construction.

I paired this with a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan brown ale, and they went great together. I suspect the cigar would also go well with coffee. Because it is not super-complex, it begs for a pairing. I'll definitely return to this cigar if it proves to be consistent with this particular sitting.
    Martel:
    Good price for these. And as far as flavor and such, to quote myself:

My return to Perdomo was far more successful than any forays into the Lot 23. The Reserve 10th Champagne Robusto was a beautiful golden stick...or was that just the cello? Well, the cello is tinted, which I don't really care for because it hides the cigar from a good inspection. But once I pulled this stick out, it was still a smooth golden wrapper. The aroma was good, but I didn't get much flavor from the cap.

After a long toast, this lights right up. The roll is loose and the cigar smokes pretty quickly because of that, but not too quickly. Easy draw with that, of course. The flavors are toast, cream, and nutmeg. On the retro, I got some black pepper, but not much in the mouth.

The combination of flavors is what I expect from a good CT, with the addition of extra pepper in the retro. There wasn't a lot of evolution of flavor through the smoke, but it was pleasurable. Some hints of cedar came and went, and there was some sweetness; however, the construction and ease of smoke are what really stands out on this cigar. The first ash held solid over 2 inches. So did the second. After that I nubbed it. Nothing offensive to this smoke at all in terms of flavors, strength, feel, or construction.

I paired this with a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan brown ale, and they went great together. I suspect the cigar would also go well with coffee. Because it is not super-complex, it begs for a pairing. I'll definitely return to this cigar if it proves to be consistent with this particular sitting.
    Nice, I'm excited about it then, great price on them and it'll add to my collection that I can finally bomb people with too... Looking forward to that first weekend morning with coffee enjoying it.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    IMO perdomo makes great sticks for the money!! Personally I've smoked so many of them I'm kinda done with the brand. That being said I think it's due to the very similar flavor profiles and they reblended and banded the patriarch which IMO was one of the best smokes they produced!! But yeah good price good qc and well go for it!