Home General Discussion

Worries about loopy headedness

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
So here is my issue... I love Undercrowns.... But they always make me so light headed! I have one in my humidor that I wanna smoke so bad but it's the Gordito. I don't know if I can handle a 60rg Undercrown. I really want to see how the flavor profiles change on them with a bigger RG. Any advice on reducing the loopy feeling?

Comments

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Worries? We ain't got no stinkin worries!

Seriously, see Bob Lukens Cigar 101 thread on carbs v. protein.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Smoke slower. And eat before, usually helps.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Some juice or a light soda would help as well. Sugar seems to help the body deal with the effects of nicotine.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I've been curious about this nicotine overload subject for a while now. This is just my best guess but, a balanced meal with a fair amount of carbohydrates (Stuff like pasta & bread) would be the way to go. And, I bet Wayne's suggestion of soda or other sugary drink is a good idea as well. I have my doubts that a meal of mostly meat (proteins) would help as much to avoid a nicotine overload. I speculate (but by no means have any proof, LOL) that while the body is busy metabolizing carbs and sugars, the added nicotine blends in and becomes just another polite guest at the party rather than a loudmouth know-it-all. And, one more thing, I would avoid any booze at all. That way you know whether it's the cigar making you loopy, or your choice of adult beverage ;)
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Yep, I can testify to this ^^^^. In recent months had two opus Xs from the same box. One I ate pizza before, no probs at all, the other I ate steak before and I was loooopy.
    Amos Umwhat:

Wow. A thread of mine gets mentioned. Stop me if I start acting like I know everything. What? It's too late for that already? Awwww crap.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    Bob Luken:
    Amos Umwhat:

Wow. A thread of mine gets mentioned. Stop me if I start acting like I know everything. What? It's too late for that already? Awwww crap.
    Michael you are well respected on this forum , even if we don't say it.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    LiquidChaos66:
    So here is my issue... I love Undercrowns.... But they always make me so light headed! I have one in my humidor that I wanna smoke so bad but it's the Gordito. I don't know if I can handle a 60rg Undercrown. I really want to see how the flavor profiles change on them with a bigger RG. Any advice on reducing the loopy feeling?

That light headeded feeling cuts down on the alcohol you need while smoking. Only kidding. Definitely enjoy it after a good meal and keep something sweet close by
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Try smoking an Opus X instead. Try a Power Ranger ... and smoke it first thing in the morning. (Before breakfast and before you brush your teeth)
    Tyland64:
    Bob Luken:
    Amos Umwhat:

Michael you are well respected on this forum , even if we don't say it.
    Thanks,........Now you got me worried about "big headedness". I might have to buy new hats ;)
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I had lunch before I smoked it yesterday. Subway. I heard somewhere that after a strong cigar that eating a spoon full of sugar or heavily sugared material helps knock it back. I usually have a root beer or dr pepper when I have a cigar... Yesterday was just water. I'll try any and all suggestions. That Gordito is really taunting me right now. Lol
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    If I think a cigar is going to be strong I will eat before hand and keep a soda close by as I drink. I have felt green with the sweats and usually have to nap it off. Horrible feeling. All very good advice here. You can enjoy them. Just prepare properly.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Get a throwback soda, or a root beer/cream soda with cane sugar. Problem solved... FYI, if it hits again, grab a few pieces of chocolate. If you really have to, a spoonful of honey or a wonderful maple bar donut will do as well.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    danielzreyes:
    Try smoking an Opus X instead. Try a Power Ranger ... and smoke it first thing in the morning. (Before breakfast and before you brush your teeth)
    Done that plenty of times just because I'm too lazy to cook in the morning. It's a good day to start with a xxx.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    I recently had an LFD Air Bender that was amazing, did this on a totally empty stomach, smoked it to the nub took pictures of it, posted them, was hanging out in the house doing stuff for about 15-20 minutes when

BAM

The airbender bent my world. It hit me like a ton of bricks man, and it was right after I had an almond roca as a little snack... I tried to cure it with some food, water, soda, nothing was bringing back reality, so as it was late I just went to bed... WOW it kicked my butt but was delayed quite a bit.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Well at least you weren't on the floor dying. Funny how sometimes it creeps up on ya.