Good Gurkha's

2»

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    betasynn:
    What the heck is a Good Gurkha?
    Dang, even I won't go that far. I haven't had many good ones, but there are a few.
    No kidding Joe. If you were to list all of the sticks Gurkha makes, you could conservatively say that 10% of the whole list were good to great smokes.

With a list of sticks as large as the one Gurkha has made?...That still means the 10% which represents the good ones, add up to a LOT of good sticks.
    Still, I think 10% is sort of a lousy success rate. I did kind of enjoy the centurian, but a cigar with that price tag should be a hell of a lot better. The MSRP for most of those sticks is pretty ridiculous, too. I think the idea of spending 10 bucks on a cigar and having a 1-in-10 chance of it being good is bad spending logic. Again, everyone is different and has their own tastes, I guess Gurkha just isn't for me.
    That said, I'll probably put a trade up for most of my gurkhas. I know I have a microbatch churchill that I'll never smoke since I never have the time, a micro torpedo, a centurian, a master select, a grand reserve, and probably a handful of others. Gotta inventory up the other humidor.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    10% would be really lousy if you're talking a more boutique brand like Padilla. But Gurkha has so damn many blends that, while 10% is a lousy ratio, they still have a number of decent blends...and to further that, it's my opinion that more than 10% of their blends are decent, I just don't happen to like most of them as the signature "Gurkha taste" is really not in line with my tastes...the same can be said for Rocky...I respect both companies for what they do and what they offer to the mainstream, but I don't really care for most of what they make.

It's all personal opinion, I think people are a little rough on Gurkha due to how big they are and all the acclaim they get and probably don't really deserve. To each their own though, far be it for me to tell anyone what they should like.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Seriously, you guys need to trade or send me your Gurkha cigars. We all have different taste and according to you guys I like the taste of a$$ apparently so send me your crappy sticks. They need to go to a good home.

I win a game or PIF and you can send me nothing but Gurkhas and I will sing your praises. Guess I am a fanboy. I have never had a bad one.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Indeed, I like every Gurkha I have tried. Not even close to having tried them all, but still 100% good so far ;)
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I have only had one Gurkha and it was a Regent toro with about 6 months of rest on it. It was pretty good but not good enough to buy again.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    A good Ghurka to me is the ones I leave behind in a B&M! I'm not a fan at all!!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    T. Gervais:
    I have only had one Gurkha and it was a Regent toro with about 6 months of rest on it. It was pretty good but not good enough to buy again.
    not a fan either.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    I've been hitting this deal and lovin' it! Two of the sticks I had not tried until now are the Napolese Warrior and Royal Brigade and now are among my favorite Gurkhas.