Home General Discussion

A "wishlist" on this site, for your account?

rockstar2577rockstar2577 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I am trying here.  As I was perusing through some different cigars that I would like to try, I started thinking "Why not have a wish-list that's incorporated into your cigar.com account, so you can add a cigar directly to it, without it going to your cart.

Does this exist already and i am not seeing it?  If not....your thoughts?

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    No, there's nothing like that, unfortunately. I believe this topic has come up before. I know I would like something like this, as would most I'm sure.
  • thekenny17thekenny17 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    I wish there was one too...

My usual technique is filling my cart with 5 or 6 cigars over the space of a few days. Once the "right" daily deal comes along, I add a pack or two into the cart and make the purchase. Since I don't buy them all the same day I fill my cart it can stay up for a few days to a week or so. Unfortunately I usually have to delete one or two to keep costs reasonable, and hopefully I remember them for next time! I agree a wishlist would be nice, if nothing else to keep it separate from the favorites list.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    This is a good idea. Also, would be cool to be able to email it to your wife so she knows what to purchase for you.
    jsnake:
    This is a good idea. Also, would be cool to be able to email it to your wife so she knows what to purchase for you.
    I'd love to have a gift registry on here. It would make getting gifts that much better.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    jsnake:
    Agreed. It could also be a part of your forum profile, so that other members could see it. How much more convenient and efficient would that make Bombs and Game Prizes? You could see what your target likes easily, and how awesome would it be to get bombed with some stuff you rEally wanted?? Not to say the guys here don't already do an awesome job... but for us noobs who haven't quite memorized everybody's preferences yet, it would be a boon..
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Matt Marvel:
    jsnake:
    I'd love to have a gift registry on here. It would make getting gifts that much better.
    I have a baby on the way, and man do I wish there was a section of the registry that had "man gifts." How many 0-3 month old outfits do we really need? It's a baby, it can f-ing wear a pillow case and look cute.
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    jsnake:
    I have a baby on the way, and man do I wish there was a section of the registry that had "man gifts." How many 0-3 month old outfits do we really need? It's a baby, it can f-ing wear a pillow case and look cute.
    So true. Hell, I barely have five different 'outfits' myself. Why do babies need a closet full of clothes that they will never wear and end up growing out of? Haha.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    they do have a favorites list under each of our accounts, but i dont think you can put that many in there, not to mention, it's not public.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    This would be a killer add on for the profile.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    stephen_hannibal:
    it is in my profile...

a few of us did this about 8 months ago. that way, when you win a PIF a F&G or something of the like all people have to do is look up your profile and pick a few that you like.

i actually put the type of cigars that i like with the hopes that people would look and send me cigars that i have yet to try but may like.
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    jsnake:
    DO NOT GET TOO MANY 0-3 MONTH OUTFITS!!!! register for some like 6-9 and things like that (keep in mind the season that your child will be wearing them) if you don't specifically say "no clothes" you will get a lot more than you will ever need.

Back on topic, another site I frequent www.quadratec.com (they have a forum as well) has a wish list around christmas time so that you can show it to other people when they want to figure out what to get you. Something like that here would be awesome.
    :) Thanks for the advice!

I just edited my bio, taking after Kuzi. It's certainly not ideal, but it is a start.
  • rockstar2577rockstar2577 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    Thanks for the input, guys.  Glad to see that I am not alone in wanting this :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:
    it is in my profile...

a few of us did this about 8 months ago. that way, when you win a PIF a F&G or something of the like all people have to do is look up your profile and pick a few that you like.

i actually put the type of cigars that i like with the hopes that people would look and send me cigars that i have yet to try but may like.
    Yup i think Laker got us on this trend. Makes it nice for games and such (especially secret santa). Just updated mine.
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:
    it is in my profile...

Yup i think Laker got us on this trend. Makes it nice for games and such (especially secret santa). Just updated mine.
    So did I. I like to follow trends.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Matt Marvel:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:
    it is in my profile...

wow....

im a trend setter....
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    kuzi16:
    Matt Marvel:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:
    it is in my profile...

wow....

im a trend setter....
    YUP I did it too....
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    jsnake:
    I know this is an older thread but I couldn't pass on the comment. Phil I am going to buy you some pillow cases, wrap them up, and when your wife opens up 10 pillow cases I won't say a word. I will just hand you a cigar & smile.
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    jsnake:
    I know this is an older thread but I couldn't pass on the comment. Phil I am going to buy you some pillow cases, wrap them up, and when your wife opens up 10 pillow cases I won't say a word. I will just hand you a cigar & smile.
    lol. You realize this means you are going to have to come to a baby shower? We'll leave the women to their gift opening and head out to the man-cave for a cigar and whiskey!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    jsnake:
    lol. You realize this means you are going to have to come to a baby shower? We'll leave the women to their gift opening and head out to the man-cave for a cigar and whiskey!
    Sounds great just remember to send me an invite!