Home General Discussion

Online or phone?

tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
Hey guys, I have always heard good things about ordering over the phone, and even though i have always done my shopping online at ccom, is it usually worth it to give a call in instead?

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I've only ordered by phone once. I know a lot of guys here always call in their order because they sometimes get better deals, and there's some cigars that can only be ordered by phone. I'll let them get into the details though.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Call. Ask for Tim. Tell him Tony for the old neighborhood sent you! LOL!. In all seriousness give them a call. I hear Jeff is great too but I have only spoken to him maybe once a long time ago.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I've called for the Forum Smapler, but other than that I'm an Online man!
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    yea im going to go ahead call in, ask for tim, and get a sampler or 2. humidor is getting a little low (not really but thats how im going to rationalize this :P )
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Give us a call its much better to order over the phone. We like to work with our customers on a one on one basis and get to know what you like and throw in the some extra freebies to help you to experience new things. Give me a call and I would be more then glad to help you out.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive called in every time ive ordered from here. ive delt with tim, jeff, andy, and once a few years ago with donny. every time the service was fantastic.
    for the most part you cant ask questions online. you can when you call in.

i think i have cigar.com programed into my phone.
    yes, im that kind of nerd.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    I would totally take you up on this offer... but I have REALLY broke my bank this past few weeks with you guys. LOL. I have some Gurkha's, some more Gurkha's, and hopefully will be opening up the COTM order when I get home. Its like Christmas once a month with that damn thing, I love it. But... Im sure one of your daily deals will hit me soon... :)
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kuzi16:
    ive called in every time ive ordered from here. ive delt with tim, jeff, andy, and once a few years ago with donny. every time the service was fantastic.

that is a GREAT idea.
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

that is a GREAT idea.
    agreed! im only ordering over the phone from now on, accept for the one i just placed because im pressed for time right now. By the way, the best of 2009 sampler...my dream sampler! :)
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I talked with Andy tonight and I have to say he was a great guy to talk with. I didn't order anything tonight but plan on it in the next day or two. He was helpful and wasn't in a hurry to sell me and get me off the phone. We talked for a little while and I was very impressed.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I call in to Jeff every time. He gives me better than normal prices on pretty much every cigar. Why? I don't know. But if you are ordering online, especially if you order often, you are certainly paying more than I am. So, in short, call in. It can't hurt to ask, "Hey, can you knock a few bucks off this one?" The worst thing that can happen is he'll say, "Sorry, can't do it on that one."
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I order online mostly but I would like to order on the phone more. I just feel like I am bothering them being such a noob as they could be with other costumers. I think I am going to call in an order this week once I make a list of sticks to try.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I call in or email Jeff every time I order. He hooks me up pretty good. I love the customer service you get over the phone, you can't beat it!
  • tony ctony c Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    I would not trust Andy as far as I can throw him....Just kidding bro, I do not believe I would order anything from anywhere without running it by him. He has single handedly give my wife plenty of ammo to eventually file for divorce(cigars) I have enoyed most everything I have got from him. And he has put together 2 samplers for me and I guess he should be working on the next one!!