Home General Discussion

Smoking in the car?

TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
This weekend my good friend and I went on a road trip and smoked the ever-living-$hit out of my car. I think we smoked 6 or 7 cigars in my little Civic. It smells a bit like something died in there - any suggestions on how you can the cigar smell out of the car? I have a basic car air freshener in there that is helping, but I'm sure there are better alternatives. Suggestions?

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Fabreeze seems to works pretty well for getting rid the smell in my house. When I smoke indoors, which is very rare, the couches always smell SOO much. My room mate didnt like the small on his furniture very much. So now I only smoke when he is not home, and then when he comes home he thinks I did him a favor by cleaning his furniture... sucker!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    TatuajeVI:
    This weekend my good friend and I went on a road trip and smoked the ever-living-$hit out of my car. I think we smoked 6 or 7 cigars in my little Civic. It smells a bit like something died in there - any suggestions on how you can the cigar smell out of the car? I have a basic car air freshener in there that is helping, but I'm sure there are better alternatives. Suggestions?
    Open up the windows!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Ozium. Empty a bottle in there, and shut it up for a day. If you ran the heater or A/C, then you'll need to have them running for an hour or so with the spray. You should have no cigar odor (or any other odor, for that matter) when you open it up.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I smoke almost every day in my car. My boss, who is female, doesn't mind riding in my car and swears that my car doesn't reek of cigar smoke. I always have my window at least cracked and I use two of these on clipped on the visors in my car.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i would go with one of these. In fact, im about to buy one now that i own my car instead of leasing it.

also, when smoking, turn on the vents at your feet only and have your window down a crack no matter what. this will force the air out instead of around your car.

beyond that, keep your car clean. make sure to take the time to detail it at least once every 6 months.
    that should take care of all of the odor.

id like to give a big +1 to ozium. that stuff is fantastic. itll knock out just about any odor.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hmm i've been wondering this too... smoked maybe 6 times in my car and now it smells wonderful. But i'm concerned about resale, going to try some of these methods.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    i would go with one of these. In fact, im about to buy one now that i own my car instead of leasing it.

also, when smoking, turn on the vents at your feet only and have your window down a crack no matter what. this will force the air out instead of around your car.

beyond that, keep your car clean. make sure to take the time to detail it at least once every 6 months.

id like to give a big +1 to ozium. that stuff is fantastic. itll knock out just about any odor.

Kuzi did you finally get your new car ? If so what did ya get...
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I leave the windows cracked overnight and that seems to do the trick.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:

naw... bought out the lease. the deal was too good not to.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    ozium, eh? sounds crazy enough that is just might work!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I smoke in my car because I am the only one who rides in it. I only drive it to work. Only the rear driver side window works so I crack the one. I also lived in my car for 2 months this year chasing work. Man did it get stinky. Febreeze worked great for me.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:

naw... bought out the lease. the deal was too good not to.

I hear ya ...
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    jsnake:
    Man did it get stinky. Febreeze worked great for me.
    Stinky from the cigars or from you living in it for 60 days and not showering?
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Lasabar:
    jsnake:
    Man did it get stinky. Febreeze worked great for me.
    Stinky from the cigars or from you living in it for 60 days and not showering?
    LOL, what kind of bum do you take me for? I am a showering bum for sure. Stinky from the cigars and from me sweating when I sleep. My house is like an icebox or we can't sleep. Lucky for me Alliance, Nebraska has decent facilities at the depot so I had access to showers and a nice gym.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    smoke better smelling cigars in there, my durango smells good from smoking 3x madro camachos, gurkha turks and nub conni's. many people liked the lingering smell.