Home General Discussion

The Mega Herf

mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
First, sorry if this post is already out there, I couldn’t find it and I don’t have time to spend all day looking for it.

Second, I'm coming in for Cigarfest (Friday ticket) and will arrive in the area on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. Wondering if there are any HERFs scheduled already that I can creep in on?

Comments

• bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Believe it or not, inspite of 3000 people per day, you will likely find ccom bretheren quite easily. Perhaps an hat, or obvious nametag with your ccom handle on it might help. Often, we create a list and cell contacts so people can attempt to meet up in this way. As well, after the Campfire ends, we often end up in the 'big white tent.' Some of us should stand, as the chairs do have limits to them...however a good time can be had there for sure to end the evening.

I expect to be headed down Thursday, but no firm plans yet on meet ups.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    The AJ Party on Thursday is always a good place to start. I know a bunch of forum brothers will be there and maybe Barry will honor us with a visit.
    Oh for sure....thought that was a given...forgive me. Yes, the AJ event is great. A few of us christen CFest by smoking an AJ handrolled from last year, then he rolls us a few more. Sadly that event got crazy a few years ago, people almost fighting over them, so now AJ basically rolls for demonstration purposes (and to give to a few of us FOG's).

I know roman and the crew expect to arrive Thursday as well. This is likely the easiest event to meet people at as there are only about a 100 or so in a very intimate area. Very easy to mix and mingle over a few hours of drinking and smoking.

And yes luke buddy, I would be honoUred to join you...if you will have me...inspite of the way you spell! ;)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Not going to cfest but if enough people wanna herf outside of it I would head up
    Mofotis, you will also meet up with Alex and Shorty here as well. Kind of a funny contrast the first time you meet them both.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    I will be there on Saturday. It is only about 30 minutes from home for me, so I may be able to swing something.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I look forward to it, I've herf'd with some of the NOVA folks before but I spend most of my time overseas so I look forward to mixing it up with everyone else.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    bearb:
    Believe it or not, inspite of 3000 people per day, you will likely find ccom bretheren quite easily. Perhaps an hat, or obvious nametag with your ccom handle on it might help. Often, we create a list and cell contacts so people can attempt to meet up in this way. As well, after the Campfire ends, we often end up in the 'big white tent.' Some of us should stand, as the chairs do have limits to them...however a good time can be had there for sure to end the evening.

god dang it, barry if i knew you where going to the party, i would of gotten a ticket and brought the jello shot's man!, you know, you don't write, no letter's , no flower's nothing man!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Barry will be the extremely well dressed gentleman who says, "eh" alot.
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    bearb:

god dang it, barry if i knew you where going to the party, i would of gotten a ticket and brought the jello shot's man!, you know, you don't write, no letter's , no flower's nothing man!
    Barry is hard that way. Like you said no letters, no flowers nothing he is a hard man.
    Lee, the AJ event is on Thursday from 4-8 pm and is free and open to the public. You should check it out if you get a shot.