Home General Discussion

Mason jars...

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
Would they make an ok humi?

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I would assume so. Since they have have decent seals and maybe a boveda pack in there.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    I have used them before in an tight pinch. Also good travel containers since im poor
    Or maybe even something thats glass with a seal....
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    I have used them before in an tight pinch. Also good travel containers since im poor

how long did you have the sticks in the jar?
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    over 2 weeks. Just check on them every now and then. Its pretty much a redneck version of this image
    Yeah i just saw that in the CCOM humidor page. lol
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Works great. Boveda pack and line it with cedar sheet.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    pickle jars........

Aj
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    No pickle jars. Not only are they a pain to even try to get the smell out of, if ever, their seals are not rubberized. Mason jars seal much better than a pickle jar that has already been opened.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    Marker:
    No pickle jars. Not only are they a pain to even try to get the smell out of, if ever, their seals are not rubberized. Mason jars seal much better than a pickle jar that has already been opened.
    Pickle infused cigars?
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    chrislolds:
    Marker:
    Pickle infused cigars?
    "A limited release from Drew Estate...hitting shelves this summer" ;-)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    jgibv:
    chrislolds:
    Marker:
    Pickle infused cigars?
    "A limited release from Drew Estate...hitting shelves this summer" ;-)
    i do love some good pickles but if it's DE I guess I miss out again lol
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Marker:
    we wash them before we use them..... try some bleach and a day in the sun.. ive never had a problem. im going on 12 pickle jars. and many here have smoked my sticks with out pickle complaints.

Aj
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    over 2 weeks. Just check on them every now and then. Its pretty much a redneck version of this image
    I got a couple if those. Throw in a water pillow and your set. They look good on a desktop.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Marker:
    we wash them before we use them..... try some bleach and a day in the sun.. ive never had a problem. im going on 12 pickle jars. and many here have smoked my sticks with out pickle complaints.

Aj
    What?? I thought you told me those were Drew Estates new Classen Infused stick! Just kidding... nope... never tasted a pickle and I've smoked quite a few of his.