Home General Discussion

Under rated / Under the radar sticks

2»

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Just had a Nica Libre Potencia, forgot how good they are.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    I had a Nestor Miranda Special Selection Danno 2012 the other day. It is a pretty damn good smoke that has a 92 rating. Im thinking I need to get some more of these.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Elogio serie Habano.

hard to find great cigar. it stays off the map.
    always will remind me of our friend beatnic. we both loved that smoke and discussed it at length over the years.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Pueblo Dominican. I don't remember where I got my first but I loved it. A few months ago I bought a box and was very disappointed when I smoked one, really disappointed.

Something interesting has taken place. After about a month I smoked another and it was a much improved smoke, all hail the aging box. I smoked another in the past couple of days and again it showed improvement. I believe with some more aging this cigar will prove to be a very good one, if not a great one.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    JDN Celebracion (I like the Consul) & A.F. Gran Reserva (Chateu)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    KCW:
    JDN Celebracion (I like the Consul)
    YES!
    i like it best in the toro. i need to get another box next time i put an order in.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    KCW:
    TOTALLY AGREE
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    brianetz1:
    KCW:
    TOTALLY AGREE
    I feel the same, but I guess I never thought it was under rated or unappreciated.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Martel:
    brianetz1:
    KCW:
    TOTALLY AGREE
    I feel the same, but I guess I never thought it was under rated or unappreciated.
    I feel like the Dark Corjo and the Antano lines seem to get more praise then the Celebracion. I also love this cigar in Consul.
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    brianetz1:
    KCW:
    TOTALLY AGREE
    I feel like the Dark Corjo and the Antano lines seem to get more praise then the Celebracion. I also love this cigar in Consul.
    That is a darn good one.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I really like the La Reloba Mexico ..... Great stick and can be had for a decent price most of the time .
  • stogiesontherocksstogiesontherocks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    I've heard of this bourbon, but never this cigar. That's interesting.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    ive always like the sancho panzamaduro.been a real good go to stick.never dissapointed with them,and very well priced!
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    twistedstem:
    ive always like the sancho panzamaduro.been a real good go to stick.never dissapointed with them,and very well priced!
    This ^^^^. I was going to say Sancho Panza. I never really hear much about them, but every one that I have had was great and yes they are well priced.
    Chemnitz:
    twistedstem:
    This ^^^^. I was going to say Sancho Panza. I never really hear much about them, but every one that I have had was great and yes they are well priced.
    Havent had one in a long time. Don't know why I really liked it to especially the fuerte.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Rhamlin:
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    brianetz1:
    KCW:
    TOTALLY AGREE
    That is a darn good one.
    The price is right too :)
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I really liked the Diamond Crown Julius Caesar. Every time I see someone smoking one, I hear good things. I loved the one I smoked recently, but I just don't hear much about it. When I looked for reviews, almost all were good, so it's not underrated, but maybe it qualifies as under the radar for some? It is pricey, so it should justify the price tag I suppose. It's a good one.

The Sam Leccia Black was another cigar I'd never heard about before I smoked it. When I looked up reviews to compare to my notes, most were positive. I suspect I'd seen some reviews of it, but dismissed them as not of interest to me for a couple of reasons. Boy was I wrong.