Home General Discussion

Camacho blackout

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
Just had my first one. Good flavors but I really had to baby it. The draw was tight and the burn was prone to going out. I had to double and triple puff in it to get any decent smoke output. Anyone else have this issue or did I just get a bum stick?

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    I had all of those problems and for that reason havent even tried another one. Was so disapointed! I have one more in the humi and am hopeing that time will save it.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    It's really disappointing cause the flavors are right up my alley.
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Haven't had one yet but I've been wanting to. Hopefully I have better luck. Nothing is worse than finding a nice flavor profile and then have draw issues that ruin the stick.
    Really disappointing cause not only of all that, but it’s not a cheap cigar! I hate spending that kind of money on a single stick and then not be able to enjoy it due to the fact I can’t even get the smoke to produce. I remember my wife saying how the pre-light smell of it smelled like a cow barn. I was just impressed she gave a good diagnosis of a cigar evaluation and she was right cause I got the exact same thing

I just know I will not be buying myself any more. As much as I wanted to try this one, the second one I have in the humi will be there a while before I revisit the Blackout.

What size did you try? Mine was the 6x60 if I remember correctly
    Mine was 6x50 standard toro
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    I have a toro resting too, haven't smoked it yet, but if the Triple Maddy is any indication, the cigar likely needs to be drier to ensure a good burn. Try dry boxing for 24 hrs before smoking. I'll try doing that to mine and will smoke it in the next week.

I'll try to post back here with impressions.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    My closest B&M is like a dang rain forest in there. Really spongy smokes..pain to keep lit.
    I let mine sit out for about 2 hours before smoking it. Fairy warm dry day here. Lemme know how the dry boxing goes! Don't know if I would spend $12 on another one to see if it helps. Lol
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    The one I had didn't have any burn issues but the flavor was really uneven, at some points it faded to almost nothing and then blasted back and then faded again; it was kinda frustrating because I'd just get to liking what it was providing and then it'd be gone. Like everyone else it seems, I'm hoping some down time will even things out.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    I have the churchills 7x48. They are a wonderful smoke. No draw issues and great flavor. Ive heard people say that this is just the same blend as the triple maduro and its not even close. Firebob or anyone else want to try a few churchills send me your addy.
    Tell you what Chuck N. Let me know if you see anything you like in my "have" list in my bio. If you do send me a PM with your addy and what you want and I'll send my end first and you can send me back a Churchhill Blackout. If you don't see anything you like, no sweat
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I've had one of each of the figurado and toro...but burned funny but flavor was good! I'm napping the rest too see if it helps
  • Aland84Aland84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 60
    I had the same issues. I forgot the correct term, but mine was torpedoing into itself. Probably should have dry boxed it. Seems as if the filler was a touch drier than the rest. I wasn't in love with it. I really wanted to like it but I'm not sure if I feel like trying another one anytime soon. Maybe they just have a few growing pains with it.