Home General Discussion

peppery? earthy? nutty? creamy?

SirdanbSirdanb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9

please post your favorites in these catagories and the style of wrapper.

for some reason im drawn toward the dark maduro wrapper, but not to crazy about the peppery burn out of my nose. not crazy about the spicerack that DE puts out either in any wrapper. im a semi/nose inhaler/exhaler and looking for something tasty but delicate to the nose. i would say im creamy.(edit... im also a 3 stick a day guy, so $ is a concern). 

Comments

• manjimanji Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    I would be curious to hear suggestions in these categories also.
    I did have a DE Java Latte this morning and I guess I would say it was creamy.
    I had 3 sticks today myself. I can see already how this is an expensive hobby. I don't know how I am going to have any of my cigars 'rest'. They don't seem to stay in the humi that long.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    manji:
    I would be curious to hear suggestions in these categories also. I did have a DE Java Latte this morning and I guess I would say it was creamy. I had 3 sticks today myself. I can see already how this is an expensive hobby. I don't know how I am going to have any of my cigars 'rest'. They don't seem to stay in the humi that long.
    .... Buy more than you can smoke would be my suggestion. Or buy three at a time. One for now, one for later, and one for much later...
  • SirdanbSirdanb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    ok thanks for the reply. tabaks and java by DE are the exception,but a "real " cig (nonflavored/infused). thiugh i do like them here and there. gherka micro batch LIGAS2, are nice but 150 a week is silly
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Sirdanb:

for some reason im drawn toward the dark maduro wrapper, but not to crazy about the peppery burn out of my nose. not crazy about the spicerack that DE puts out either in any wrapper. im a semi/nose inhaler/exhaler and looking for something tasty but delicate to the nose. i would say im creamy.(edit... im also a 3 stick a day guy, so $ is a concern). 

So you're a creamy, 3 stick a day guy. LOL.... it was too easy. I couldn't help myself.
    cut to the chase. im looking for a $2 cigar that wont burn my nose hair out but will put a smile on my face like this ; .>
    clearlysuspect:
    Sirdanb:

So you're a creamy, 3 stick a day guy. LOL.... it was too easy. I couldn't help myself.

i knew i left myself open for that haha

Two bucks... I like Gurkha Sherpa.. They get mixed reviews but I think they are worth more then the price payed. /o /o /o
    standing ovation
    i did order 25 La Vieja Habana Corojo Belicoso D  by DE. i know i like them but looking for more options.Goth**Cig**(best i could do to save friends some money)had them for 10 bucks cheaper then cdc.let the moderators edit it if they want
    Sirdanb:
    i did order 25 La Vieja Habana Corojo Belicoso D  by DE. i know i like them but looking for more options. XXXXXXXXXXX had them for 10 bucks cheaper then cdc.
    This is how we do it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Sirdanb:
    let the moderators edit it if they want
    I get what you're saying here, but really it's not the moderator's job to make sure we post with a little tact and respect to cigar.com. You can find lower prices at a lot of places, but the customer service from ccom is always head and shoulders above the competition. Of course you're free to buy cigars from wherever you like, but out of respect for cigar.com on the forum they own, it is generally accepted that we don't post those companies on the open forum.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    j0z3r:
    Sirdanb:
    let the moderators edit it if they want
    I get what you're saying here, but really it's not the moderator's job to make sure we post with a little tact and respect to cigar.com. You can find lower prices at a lot of places, but the customer service from ccom is always head and shoulders above the competition. Of course you're free to buy cigars from wherever you like, but out of respect for cigar.com on the forum they own, it is generally accepted that we don't post those companies on the open forum.
    And Thompson's Sucks.... HARD
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    peppery: camacho havanna.

Earthy: Sancho panza extra fuerte

Nutty: Punch Gran Puro

Creamy: Ashton classic.

ok... so the last one isnt as cheap...
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    kuzi16:
    peppery: camacho havanna.

Earthy: Sancho panza extra fuerte

Nutty: Punch Gran Puro

Creamy: Ashton classic.

ok... so the last one isnt as cheap...
    spot on with the ashton classic and gran puro agree 100%. havent tried the other two
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Lasabar:
    And Thompson's Sucks.... HARD
    To wholly understate it - I second this....