Home General Discussion

Cigar club

roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
Schools and universities have clubs for basically everything.

If your university or college had a cigar club, just for hand mades mind you, would you attend? What would be good average dues?

We would not be able to have it on campus, but we might be able to find a spot to hold it twice a month or so. I think that it would take off fast, then only the serious enthusiasts would remain.
Thoughts?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Personally I don't think I'd pay too smoke with other people and discuss stuff since I do it for free all the time. But I do know of some cigar clubs and some really crack me up! Villanova has the cuban cigar club...I asked if they smoke actual Cubans...the answer was no lol
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Id love to join a cigar club! particularly if it is a younger more "goodtime" crowd. Smoking cigars is one of my favorite past times and having a group of people to join would be just ***! The hard part... is finding the time to go to club meetings. I doubt id pay though.... unless it was a smoking/drinking club

Aj
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    I would love any cigar club in this area. It would be because of demographics have to be made up of all working people at all levels and all ages. That would make for conversations worth having, and in my humble opinion, worth the effort to attend. Throw in the cigars, and your already enjoying the kinship and open friendliness that comes with the common thread of a good smoke. Comparing cigars alone would open up the conversation between overalls and ties. Add some good brews (opportunity to wean people off bud) and you will make some good solid friends.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I've actively participated in many different cigar clubs - if you're charging a due, then you should be offering something valuable for that (not just the opportunity to meet other people who smoke cigars). One that I was a member of asked for a pretty minimal yearly fee ($20), but threw some pretty great parties and had lots of free giveaways (usually sponsored by B&Ms and brand reps). Others were simply a more organized hang-out, and people came and went.