Home General Discussion

HR 4284 banning internet tobacco sales?

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
Has anyone heard anyhthing about this and where it stands?
I don't know anything about it, other that the email I got, but it was basically a video, which I can't seem to view on my phone.

Comments

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    its a damn hoax.

Aj
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    C'mon people. Seriously famous does a joke every year. Last year it was a link saying they had received US Gov authority to start seeling Habanos only if you pre-paid and filled out all these questionaires. Can't remember the april fools from the previous years. Reading online and people are freakin melting down over this. I can't even IMAGINE how many people are flipping out because they immediately went online to famous and dropped like 2 thousand dollars on box orders with their credit cards. Not to mention famous already sent out an apology, i guarantee they received the huge boost in instant sales they wanted. Along with all the other vendors out there. C'mon people don't be so gullible.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Well, only having my phone to check on things right now, I asked here.
    Thinking that someone would know the whole story. If that makes me gullible, so be it.
    No worries. I won't make the mistake of posting again.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    0patience:
    Thinking that someone would know the whole story. If that makes me gullible, so be it.
    If someone posted... that means there were probably 10 others who wanted to. Don't worry about it. I was wondering what and who would be spreading a hoax. The last community forum I participated in was an Apple Mac forum. Every year they would start something. So it was inFamous.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I fell for it too... I followed the links from my Facebook and read stuff and watched a video and then realized.... Eff. Lol
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Thats why I hate april fools day. Scary thing is that isnt too much of a joke!
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Relax...it's April 1...everybody needs to be on guard esp. this day. If this makes you anxious then you need a good dose of xanax...life hurts...get a helmet. lol
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I got an April fools email selling an electronic cigar were you can taste different kinds of sticks before you buy them.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    0patience:

I wasn't getting on your case about it, in fact I assumed you knew it was a joke and just reported about it. Lots of other sites, people were panicking and talking about getting their credit cards together so they could empty out their savings and credit lines. Its okay, I followed a few of the links the previous year when they sent an email saying they were now the only us vendor legally able to sell Cubans. Despite having a cooler full of Cuban boxes, I still fell for it to see if they were being for reals. Just surprised how many fell for it this year, but the sad part is its not far from the truth eventually, and the sole reason I keep enough cigars in my stash to last me decades. This will be the truth within a few years, so stock up!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Just to end the debate if its real or not, House of Representative Bill 4284 (AKA HR 4284) Is a bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973. Has nothing to do with tobacco.
  • Used2RodeoUsed2Rodeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Just an April fools joke people. If you look up HR 4284 as you see in the same email that I got you will see that HR 4284 pertains to the Endangered Species Act.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    Used2Rodeo:
    Just an April fools joke people. If you look up HR 4284 as you see in the same email that I got you will see that HR 4284 pertains to the Endangered Species Act.
    Did we not read any post in this topic... including the one right before yours?