Home General Discussion

Anybody ever smoked an Egg?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
At my buddy's B&M Grand Opening on Saturday, the Drew Estates rep had a couple of these on display. I must say it piqued my curiosity. Anybody ever tried one? Clearly a novelty stick, but I have to say it looks like it would be fun to smoke. Wonder what the bulge of filler does for the flavor profile?

Comments

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I've sucked one of these before...
    http://herb-magic.com/black-hen-egg.jpg

Seriously though, I've never read a good review of one. Just that they were cool novelties. I must admit that I've thought about getting one.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    WaltBasil:
    Seriously though, I've never read a good review of one. Just that they were cool novelties. I must admit that I've thought about getting one.
    Not something I like to admit ... but yes, yes I have tried to smoke one.

Back when I first got into cigars a friend and I saw these at the B&M and thought "wow that's cool & different, let's try it".....
    Paid MSRP for them, LOL stupid us.

I don't remember much about it except when it got to the "egg" part in the middle the whole thing went to $hit & the burn was beyond terrible. We tossed them straight into the fire pit, had probably 2/3 of the cigar remaining....

If you want to try it for a novelty or keep it in the humi as "something fun" to look at, go for it.....
    But if you want to try it and are expecting it to be a "decent" smoke, don't waste your $$$.....I've had less burn problems with Gurkhas ;-)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    jgibv:
    .....I've had less burn problems with Gurkhas ;-)
    'Nuf said. :^)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Yeah, I "smoked" one. The burn and draw was just ridiculous. Definitely not worth it. If you have a display humidor and want to look at it, then sure, but don't bother trying to smoke it.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    If that thing blows up you'll lose a eye
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Got one off the bid site (cheap). (Not sure why I bought it) Never brought myself to smoke it though. Still have it. Maybe I'll use it as a fake dog rocket and freak people out with it.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Iv put some smoked chipotle powder on fried eggs......does that count?
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    the more i see this... the more i want it.... I feel like im a novelty kinda smoker.... So I am going to see if Sean has any of these in stock and im going to smoke it. I cant resist the stupid thing anymore!

Aj
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    No, but have smoked bacon quite often
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    I got this result from DE's cigar personality quiz. The tag line said something like, "you'll smoke anything." Not sure that made me wanna try an Egg. It looks interesting though.
    dr_frankenstein56:
    the more i see this... the more i want it.... I feel like im a novelty kinda smoker.... So I am going to see if Sean has any of these in stock and im going to smoke it. I cant resist the stupid thing anymore!

Aj
    I like how you think, AJ. When I see something like this, it seems too much like a challenge, and I hate to pass up a good challenge. I'm sure it's probably nasty, but I'd still have to get one and try to smoke it if I had a chance.
  • naomi12naomi12 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    Puff_Dougie:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I like how you think, AJ. When I see something like this, it seems too much like a challenge, and I hate to pass up a good challenge. I'm sure it's probably nasty, but I'd still have to get one and try to smoke it if I had a chance.

Hmm yeah i if i can get my hands on one of these i really would like to try it. Problem is where i live at the moment we don't have any good stuff
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    ejgorman:
    I got this result from DE's cigar personality quiz. The tag line said something like, "you'll smoke anything." Not sure that made me wanna try an Egg. It looks interesting though.
    I had no idea there was such a thing. I'm a sucker for those things. I got Nica Rustica El Brujito. You can see my review on the reviews board...wrote it up about a month ago.

But no, no egg for me. They make my toots stink.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    naomi12:
    Puff_Dougie:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Hmm yeah i if i can get my hands on one of these i really would like to try it. Problem is where i live at the moment we don't have any good stuff
    Hey send me your Address so I can get you the forum welcome and information kit.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    naomi12:
    Puff_Dougie:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Hey send me your Address so I can get you the forum welcome and information kit.

Aj
    PM to me too, AJ.