Home General Discussion

Morning smokers?

2»

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Martel:
    Hey, I smoked my first Opus X on a morning!
    Keep hearing folks talk about the Opus X like it is the Holy Grail of cigars. Is it a super strong smoke? I love 'em strong, and haven't yet found a stick that knocks my socks off. Is the Opus X something I should have on my "must have" list?
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:
    Keep hearing folks talk about the Opus X like it is the Holy Grail of cigars. Is it a super strong smoke? I love 'em strong, and haven't yet found a stick that knocks my socks off. Is the Opus X something I should have on my "must have" list?
    Not super strong, but super complex, smooth, and balanced. I would not pay for them, except I hear they're even better with age. Most don't like 'em fresh, or at least not as much, but I thought it was a good cigar even so.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    I regularly pair a man o war puro authentico with my morning coffee
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Martel:
    While it's not a connie, the San Cristobal Elegencia has a pretty mild and light colored wrapper that I love in the morning.
    I absolutely love the elegancia's. One of the more unique cigars out there. Awesome any time of day!

I think it is a connecticut wrapper, at least thats what the ccom description says.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    When I worked Graveyard I would have a smoke when I got home after having breakfast...a good medium cigar and then off to bed with that nice smelling cigar cologne.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Usually 5-Vegas Classic with my morning coffees, but after reading posts about Opus X Lost City now I may have to reconsider this, for just 1 time only, hmmm.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I'm going with padron londres maduro!! Chocolate sweet short and mild but full of flavor!! Plus it's a cheapie so you can't go wrong!!
    Gray4lines:
    Martel:
    While it's not a connie, the San Cristobal Elegencia has a pretty mild and light colored wrapper that I love in the morning.
    I absolutely love the elegancia's. One of the more unique cigars out there. Awesome any time of day!

I think it is a connecticut wrapper, at least thats what the ccom description says.
    Yeah, I have a weird relationship with Pepin's cigars. This is one I absolutely love. I thought the wrapper was a bit darker than most connies. It's labeled as the dreaded "natural" but listed as Connecticut in the description, so I guess you're right. My bad. Still, a great stick.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    I always enjoyed my cigars with that first cup of coffee. The sun's not up. The kids & wife are asleep. Peaceful & relaxed before the hustle & bustle of a new day begins anew. A little bit of total relaxation. That being said I always enjoyed the earthy flavor profiles & nothing too spicy with coffee
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:
    Opus X is the only cigar that got me sick to my stomach. No way I could do that in the morning. Brave man!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    blutattoo:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:
    Opus X is the only cigar that got me sick to my stomach. No way I could do that in the morning. Brave man!
    Ooooooo... sounds like my kinda stick!
    Puff_Dougie:
    blutattoo:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:
    Ooooooo... sounds like my kinda stick!
    I'll give you my list:

Lot 23 (it's made me puke twice)
    Anejo
    some JdN's (but still, many of these are good)
    Little Devil
    Pretty much anything from LFD, especially if it's a big cigar (but I still love them a lot in chisels and chiselitos, just stay away from the DL Digger-too big.)
    MOW Armada Toro Grande (great stick, but corona is better-less strength, more flavor)
    Camacho Maduro

That's just a few, but the Opus X didn't hit me like any of them did. There's some strength to it, sure, but I didn't get it in the gut. So there you have my list of cigars I'll never smoke on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning, with bitter and acidic coffee.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Martel:
    I'll give you my list:

Lot 23 (it's made me puke twice)
    Why did the Lot 23 give you such reactions? It seems so creamy and mild to me, I feel like I could smoke 3 in a row and be perfectly content.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Wish I had time to, but if I did, it would be a Man O' War Virtue.