Home General Discussion

local B&M stop

rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
Stopped by my local B&M after work for a smoke and drink, and this guy is sitting in the lounge across from me totally decked out in DE gear. Jacket, hat, rings, iPad case, etc all with the Liga logo. He gets off the phone, and I dropped the DE name to my friend and he immediately jumps in the conversation. He is the DE rep for the area and was just in the B&M hanging out. Great guy, pulled out a bunch of cigars and handed some out. Talked to him for an hour or so about the business and their cigar brands. In our small 1 shop town you don't get that too often. I like most of the non-infused DE line, but this was some good props for the brand to me.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Most cigars reps are good people and as cool and nice a guy JD is I am sure his reps are great. I always love chatting up the reps and hearing what is going on at the brand. I have been gifted cigars and traded cigars with a few. Oliva rep once gave me a 20 year old original Oliva O from his personal walk in humidor.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I have not found ANYTHING like that in Arkansas. I get jealous of you people sometimes. Lol
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    roland_7707:
    I have not found ANYTHING like that in Arkansas. I get jealous of you people sometimes. Lol
    What he said.
    Most cigar reps probably don't even know where the Oregon coast is. LOL!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    sounds like a pretty good day to me brother!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    twistedstem:
    sounds like a pretty good day to me brother!
    I was a good stop. Smoked an AB Mundial (awesome stick by the way). Little overpriced at the B&M, but have to support your local shops.
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    I've scored some sticks from reps. Just last week I met the Davidoff rep at my favorite B&M and she broke out a box of Camacho Corojos and gave one to all of us
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    While I am not a fan, top to bottom they run a class organization that is hip to the times. There is a reason Acid is the best selling brand on earth, and LP is the most recognized and asked for boutique.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    Check manufacturers websites... they often list "events" that can be as simple as what rsherman describes. I struck up conversation with an Oliva rep at my local and went home with a serie v torpedo in my pocket (or was I just happy to see him?... you decide)