Home General Discussion

When you find a unicorn cigar?

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
What do you do when you find one of those cigars that you've been searching for that you never thought you would get? A "unicorn" cigar.
What do you do with it?

And for that matter, what are your unicorn cigars?

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    If possible purchase two.one to smoke one to sit on for awhile.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    Sit on it for a while. but ill smoke every cigar i have.
    and i think my "unicorn" cigar right now would be The Old Man and the C. I bought one from someone on here (cant remember off the top of my head) and it was tasty!!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    0patience:
    What do you do when you find one of those cigars that you've been searching for that you never thought you would get? A "unicorn" cigar.
    What do you do with it?

What did you find?
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Don't know what to say but very interesting question.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Echambers:
    0patience:
    What do you do with it?

What did you find?
    A friend is giving me a 2007 Camacho Liberty. It is the pinstripe, I gave it to him years ago and he won't smoke it. So I get it back.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    My unicorn is original blend Nording cigars(Manila band with "Nording" written on top in brown lettering and a single star below it. I have 2 in the humi and doubt i'll ever find any again. For the moment they are humi decorations but i always have in the back of my mind that i'll smoke them if an occasion calls for it. Partly because they are so amazing that i dont want to fire one up and find my experience has changed, but then again i dont keep cigars around for the sole purpose of decoration. Strange feeling.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i usually hold on to them for a while and then smoke em and review.

i did a similar thread a few years ago: CLICK

• brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    i haven't really smoked long enough to have a unicorn cigar, but I have 4 or 5 cigars in my humidor right now that every time i pull it out to smoke, i put it back because i don't know if ill get another.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    I'm like that with the Liga Privadas I get like the Flying Pig and other unico series. RCY gave me some back in December and I cherish them like they are gold. ha I know silly.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    I usually hold them untill I find the next one on my list then smoke the previous or in the case of duplicates when I find more I burn one from the humidor. For now the only unicorns I always keep an eye out for are from the FFOX ForbiddenX 13 series.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I dunno if I'd actually smoke an OpusX Football. I know people have but I just want it just to have it.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    i would definately smoke em! right now trying to get my hands on a master blend 1 and 2
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Over the past couple years I've received many great cigars, and there have certainly been some "unicorns" in the bunch......

I used to have the mindset of:
    "I need put this at the bottom of the humi and save it for a special occasion"

You know what happened?
    Multiple, "special occasions" occured (got married, bought a house, birthdays, anniversaries, vacations etc.) but on those special occasions I never seemed to have the time/opportunity to smoke a cigar, let alone a "unicorn" stick.

So you know what I finally did .... said "F it, I'm tired of waiting" and pulled out one of these "unicorn" sticks on a nice & sunny, summer Friday afternoon.
    And I'll tell you the experience was absolutely fantastic. It made me wish I'd have smoked the cigar sooner.
    So now I don't save them specifically for special occasions, a nice day when the weather is good is all I need. The cigar itself makes the occasion special IMO.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Not enough experience and too many cigars out there to have a true Unicorn yet. I wanted to try an FFP and Brian sent me one in the newbie secret santa trade (just found out it was him that sent it). I am just waiting for the weather to break so I can sit on the back porch and enjoy it. Next up is a Behike. Once I figure out the logistics to get it, I will let it rest and smoke it. There are always new unicorns. Enjoy the ones you have.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Smoke em! They are cigars and are meant to be smoked. Take a picture if you want to look at it! Lol, really though, I have smoked more "unicorns" than I currently own.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    0patience:
    What do you do with it?

My unicorn cigar was the Ashton ESG Twenty year. I bought two C.Com Premium samplers years ago that included these. I rested them for a couple years and then one nice summer night last year fired it up . These so impressed me, I went home and ordered five more. They are a bit pricey or I would have bought a box. But, next time I have the extra cash, 400 + dollars, I am getting a box. That cigar was the single best experience I can recall in my many years of cigar smoking.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Still searching for my unicorn(s). Viaje Daisy Cutter and Viaje Roman Candle. Would be happy to find one but 2 of each would be wonderful. I would look at them a few times as they sit in the humi eventually smoking 1 within a few weeks and aging the other. It is hard to smoke that last one of any great or htf cigar but you have to smoke what you enjoy. I don't want to leave a bunch of high end htf cigars behind when I die. I want to enjoy them while I can.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I havent smoked nearly enough to know, but yours sound good.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I guess I should have clarified my question.
    It should have been what do YOU do with the unicorns, not what you think I should do.
    I know what I will eventually do with them.
    I just wanted to know what you will do.

I make my hunt for those that are on my list, that I search for.
    With help, I have managed to find the elusive Partagas 150 & 160.
    And Tony/Alien sent me a Torano that has been in my sights for a long time.
    Plus several others that I wasn't even aware of that some guys have deemed me worthy.
    Why, I'm not certain. LOL!
    Those will eventually be smoked and the hunt will renew. LOL!

I was just curious what everyone else does and what ones they consider their unicorns.