Home General Discussion

New Camacho Line

edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
Has anyone tried them? I'm dieing to try them. The triple maduro is a favorite and I really enjoyed the corojo.. Just asking.....

Comments

• perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Haven't tried the tripple maddy yet, but the new conny has lost something.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    I love the Blackout.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    The Triple Maddy is the same blend so it should taste the same... The rest have be redesigned and reblended.... I'm gonna have to place an order and try them out....
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    IMO new camacho isn't the same...it's more watered down. I haven't had the triple maddy but if your looking for the fuller side of the new line I'd go with the diploma
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Lee.mcglynn:
    IMO new camacho isn't the same...it's more watered down. I haven't had the triple maddy but if your looking for the fuller side of the new line I'd go with the diploma

I couldn't agree more Lee. I died a little inside when they re-issued....

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Did they rev lend the Corojo Limitada? Hope not. Don't know why they would want to tweak any that are proven winners. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    perkinke:
    Huh... I really enjoyed the connie, but I never had one of the originals. The trip mad I had seemed just as good as the originals
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Rhamlin:
    Did they rev lend the Corojo Limitada? Hope not. Don't know why they would want to tweak any that are proven winners. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    the corojo ltd is gone...it's sad!!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    pross:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I couldn't agree more Lee. I died a little inside when they re-issued....

agreed. The blackout is legit though
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Gray4lines:
    perkinke:
    Huh... I really enjoyed the connie, but I never had one of the originals. The trip mad I had seemed just as good as the originals
    It's not a bad stick, but like lee said it's been watered down, it lacks the zip that made the original special, IMHO.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    perkinke:
    Gray4lines:
    perkinke:
    It's not a bad stick, but like lee said it's been watered down, it lacks the zip that made the original special, IMHO.
    That's funny since the new line is supposedly more "bold" I guess they flubbed that one!
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Prefer the original triple maddy with about a year plus on them the best. Stay tuned in the review section under artisanal reviews the camacho corojo is on tap for the next review.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Chuck N:
    I love the Blackout.
    Interesting, The Blackout was the least of my favorites, in fact Ill flat out say I did not like it. The draw was very restricted and I was unable to get hardly any flavors out of it and thought it to be way over priced for the experience I received from it. I bought two and will let the second one get some age on it and hope it improves. I also hope I just happened to get a bad stick on my first try. I am a big fan of the Camacho stuff and was just so disappointed in the Blackout.

It’s no secret I am a big fan of ALL the Ditka’s especially the Throwbacks. The Criollo is also one of my favorites along with the Corojo Maduro and as for the Triple Maduro I have only had the old ones and have given away all my new releases so I have yet to try one of those. (got a box of the old Triple Maduro and original Corojo on order due to arrive tomorrow) . I really liked the 2013 Liberty Series and the Diploma was good. I’ll also add that the Connecticut was not very impressive and same for the 10 Year Anniversary