Home General Discussion

CIGAR.COM CUSTOM BLENDING KIT

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
Robusto Joe alerted me today to this: c.com custom blending kit. Anyone here tried this out?

Comments

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    TAKE. MY. MONEY!!!!!!! The Beard told me about this about 6 months ago.... I thought I had dreamed it and it never really happened... Seriously... how cool is THAT!!!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Thats interesting and i really want to try it but 250 for something that may come out tasting like butthole. I dunno, i've been smoking since 2006 and dont know if i'm anywhere near good enough to pull this off.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Talk to andy, as he has created a killer blend using this 'kit.'
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I'm good damn the price is steep but I'm sure if your good you can get something nice! Davidoff does this a lot at the promos too show you how they were blended...I'll leave it too the experts
  • jbarker_18jbarker_18 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    I talked to Tim today, he said that if the tobacco just doesn't suit you and you can't find any that you like you only have to pay a small portion of the $250, he thought it was around $40. I'm sure my palate isn't near as trained as some but, I'm still going to give it a whirl.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Not sure how this works.
    They send you small cigars of each leaf? Then you decide what leaves you want in the blend?
    The description is too confusing to what is actually done.
    Do you buy the Custom blending kit, decide what tobaccos you want to use and then buy the finished box?

That sounds like the $250 is only for the finished box.
  • jbarker_18jbarker_18 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    Yes, they send small cigars, you keep notes of which ones you like and they blend it all together. There are even some options as to the shape, rubusto, etc..The 250 includes the initial tasting kit and the finished box of 25 cigars. Hope that clears things up a bit.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    jbarker_18:
    Yes, they send small cigars, you keep notes of which ones you like and they blend it all together. There are even some options as to the shape, rubusto, etc..The 250 includes the initial tasting kit and the finished box of 25 cigars. Hope that clears things up a bit.
    Thanks!
    All in all, the $250 doesn't seem like a totally bad deal then.
    I might have to look into that sometime in the near future.
    I'm vain enough that having a cigar with my name on it would be kind of appealing. LOL!
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    Sign me up and take my money...
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    im in on it! Gonna do it!

even my ol'lady didnt think it was a bad deal!

Aj
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    That's one I wouldn't want to try. I'm not knowledgeable enough about the various aspects if different strands of tobacco. But I know there's quite a few brothers here who could probably whip up a great smoke.