Home General Discussion

Bulk/Long-term storage options

ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
So, I'm looking to invest in my first bulk storage for my cigars. Had I only known how easy it would be to fill a humidor I probably never would've purchased one (not full yet, but the day is coming). I know the options are tupperdor, coolidor and wineador. I know if I go tupperdor, I'll probably wind up with stacks of them at some point. I also know coolidor is cheaper than wineador, but the wife would probably prefer something more asthetically pleasing. I'm worried about how long a wineador would last. A lot of reviews by people using wine fridges for wine talk about them crapping out in a year or two. Does anyone have experience with wineadors and want to weigh in on this? What are your thoughts about other storage options?

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I personally went with a cooler, lots of room, it don't look like much but great for storage, and if you get one get the biggest one your gonna fill it up, lol I have a 150 qt igloo that's filled
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    The wife is 100% correct, coolers look very tacky. However, you can spend $50 on a cooler, or $300 on a fridge.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    New Boots:
    The wife is 100% correct, coolers look very tacky. However, you can spend $50 on a cooler, or $300 on a fridge.
    And the other $250 on filling up the cooler
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    You could always hit craigslist and find a decent looking cabinet or trunk that could house the cooler.
    Nice looking cabinet would appease the wife and still provide you with a storage.
    Just a thought.