Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    5 pack of El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Largas, a tin of Samuel Gawith's Squadron Leader, and a tin of Cornell and Diehl serenity series Comfort...
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    From one of my employees I got a $10 gift certificate to the local Cigar shop... AWESOME!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I got my winnings from Fun & Games from Kas. All 7 of them I have never smoked before. There are 2 that I have been waiting to try all year!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Got a box of Arganese ML3 Torpedos.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I got the COTMC package today... Woooohooooo
  • TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
    Lasabar:
    I got the COTMC package today... Woooohooooo
    What's in it?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I got a box of A. Fernandez robusto's and 10 Gurkha Triple Ligeros all for $80! A pretty good score if I do say so myself.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    I got in 10 Padilla 1932 Oscura Maduro Salomons. These smokes look freaking delicious. I hope they burn better than most padilla maduros I've tried.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    box of ERDM choix supremes and 2 cohiba blacks... ooh buddy...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    martymcg43:
    box of ERDM choix supremes and 2 cohiba blacks... ooh buddy...
    Love the Blacks!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I picked up at a local B&M a Xikar Xi3 STK cutter and a Xikar Genesis lighter.....
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Got a box of Cuaba Divinos and a Monte No. 2 (Habano). Also got my power bill, but I think the cigars more than offset it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Hawk55:
    What did I get today...or rather yesterday!!! A box of the 2009 Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedos...now I can stop asking if they really exist. A box of the Tatuaje Verocu Red Tubos and a box of the Black Label as well!!! A couple of single Serie V Maduro Torpedos to keep from opening the box for awhile and a Ashton ESG 21 Year Robusto....man am I STOKED!!!
    Have you had a red tubo yet? I'm interested to see which one peeps like more, black or red? Jozer already weighed in...
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    You've got to let me (us) know what you think of the red tat's. I haven't had any and didn't get a box.
    You should have gotten the Reds. If I could do things over, I'd have gotten 2 boxes of Reds and skipped the Blacks. The Verocu tubo is awesome, strong but not overly so and with a deep, rich and complex flavor.

I've never had either Joe but my local B&M got some in this week. Your saying the red is much better ?
    I would absolutely say the Red is better. The Black has a good flavor and is worth trying, but I've smoked 2 and both have refused to burn...the wrapper literally would not burn and I had to touch it up every 10 minutes. Both are good, in my opinion the Red is better.
    Would you say due to the wrapper issues the red is better or is it more full bodied? I found the black to be medium bodied but full of flavor. Some burn issues but nothing to keep me from enjoying it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    You've got to let me (us) know what you think of the red tat's. I haven't had any and didn't get a box.
    You should have gotten the Reds. If I could do things over, I'd have gotten 2 boxes of Reds and skipped the Blacks. The Verocu tubo is awesome, strong but not overly so and with a deep, rich and complex flavor.

I've never had either Joe but my local B&M got some in this week. Your saying the red is much better ?
    I would absolutely say the Red is better. The Black has a good flavor and is worth trying, but I've smoked 2 and both have refused to burn...the wrapper literally would not burn and I had to touch it up every 10 minutes. Both are good, in my opinion the Red is better.
    Would you say due to the wrapper issues the red is better or is it more full bodied? I found the black to be medium bodied but full of flavor. Some burn issues but nothing to keep me from enjoying it.
    I thought the Red was both stronger and had more flavor, also the sharp burn was a nice touch. I'd agree about the Black being medium, maybe a touch above medium, and full flavored, I felt the Red was better balanced overall.
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:

I thought the Red was both stronger and had more flavor, also the sharp burn was a nice touch. I'd agree about the Black being medium, maybe a touch above medium, and full flavored, I felt the Red was better balanced overall.
    I hate to cut into a conversation. Could someone compare them to other cigars (if that's possible) so we can have an idea of what to expect. I will probably try them both still but it would be nice to have an idea. Thanks.
    Sandman1am:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:

I hate to cut into a conversation. Could someone compare them to other cigars (if that's possible) so we can have an idea of what to expect. I will probably try them both still but it would be nice to have an idea. Thanks.
    Well I can't, the black is really different. I did a review on it.
    Thanks Squirrel
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Today Mrs. Slob brought in a box with 25 AB Occidental Reserve...20 AB Maxx Curve...1 Maxx Conny...1 Maxx Vice...1Maxx Fix...1 Maxx Brazilian...1 Maxx Traditional. Both my humis are full. I guess you could say that they are maxxed out.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    my fedex pack arrived from lilwing today with the Utopia Blue's in it. I can't wait to get home and open it up, woohoo
  • johnnyvjohnnyv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16

I cashed in pretty good this year.  I turned 40 on Christmas Eve and I just got my birthday/Christmas shipment in today.  What a sight to behold, I got:

Padilla Miami Toro Box 25

Davidoff Millenium Series Taster 4

Padilla Miami Churchill 5

Rocky Patel Sun Grown 5

CAO Brazilia Samba 5

Man O War Ruination Belicoso 5

Carlos Torano Virtuoso Encore 5

Joya De Nicaragua Antano Torpedo 5

Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo Torpedo 1

Liga T54 Drew Estate 1

Rocky Patel Olde World Corojo 1

Oliveros XL Bold Torpedo 5

Can you tell I like full bodied smokes???

Pretty good haul!  It's going to be a nice 2010!

Always nice to get a big box of cigars.
  • RobRutkowskiRobRutkowski Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 67
    I got about 4lbs. of cigars today.  Funny, though, because I need to take a break from smoking for a bit.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    RobRutkowski:
    I got about 4lbs. of cigars today.  Funny, though, because I need to take a break from smoking for a bit.

No problem ...just send them to me !
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    Two Rocky Patel Royal Vintage, two 5 Vegas Gold
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Largest take I've had in forever.

Today I received:

1 Cu-Avana Intenso 100ct Humi
    2 4ct Travel Humi
    20 Cugine Natural Torpedos
    20 A Fernandez Sumatra Robustos
    10 Padilla Cazadores
    10 Oliva Serie G Maduro Torpedoes
    1 Drew Estates EGG Maduro

Going to be smoking forever.... MWA HAHAHAHAHA
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I was near the B&M tonight, so I stopped in for a few La Traviatas and picked up an Oliva Serie O maduro Double Toro...I'm not too keen on 60 ring gauge cigars, but I love the Serie O maduro, so I want to give this one a go...should be an easy 2.5 hours of smoking bliss.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    stephen_hannibal:
    Largest take I've had in forever.

Today I received:

1 Cu-Avana Intenso 100ct Humi
    2 4ct Travel Humi
    20 Cugine Natural Torpedos
    20 A Fernandez Sumatra Robustos
    10 Padilla Cazadores
    10 Oliva Serie G Maduro Torpedoes
    1 Drew Estates EGG Maduro

Going to be smoking forever.... MWA HAHAHAHAHA
    If you decide those Cugines aren't your thing I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands! haha Those are an awesome milder smoke!

Today the big brown truck brought me my box of ITC 10th robustos that I got a hell of a deal on at $43! I'm pretty excited about those!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I finally got my CCOM Cat. I think the mail man has been reading my stuff... It's a little beat up. So today, I got my cat. and cup o' black.

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    LOL nice coffee mug Mike