Home General Discussion

"The esteemed, '93' rated Padilla 1932 is back..."

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=504....has anyone tried these..? My grand daughter likes the band.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    The original Padilla 1932 was a great cigar from what I remember. Don't know if the blend's been changed since its first discontinuation though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    different blend.

new one is an Ecuadorian habano wrapper. old one was a nicaraguan grown. old was in the DPG factory this is from the oliva factory.

the new like the old is all nicaraguan under the wrapper but different leaves. should be a very different cigars if you ask me. Only thing in common is the band.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    The original with straight lettering was made by DPG starting in 2006 in Miami. Somewhere in 2007 or 2008 production was moved from Miami to Nicaragua, and Don Pepin and Padilla parted ways. Supposedly the blend was the same but the band had diagonal lettering. I had both in the humi back then and while similar the DPG production imho was better. Everyone was trying to get the originals. I still have a few. I'm sure this new release is very good or ccom would not be involved. That is a long winded way of saying nope have not tried them.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    Now they just need to bring back the padilla miami.
    kuzi16:
    different blend.

new one is an Ecuadorian habano wrapper. old one was a nicaraguan grown. old was in the DPG factory this is from the oliva factory.

the new like the old is all nicaraguan under the wrapper but different leaves. should be a very different cigars if you ask me. Only thing in common is the band.
    Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Thanatos0320:
    kuzi16:
    different blend.

agreed I miss the oscuro figurado!! One of the best smokes I've had from Padilla!!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Thanatos0320:
    kuzi16:
    different blend.

agreed I miss the oscuro figurado!! One of the best smokes I've had from Padilla!!
    I've never had that but I did have a padillia miami lancero once and it was fantastic.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I loved the original 1932. And I still have one.. I fear the new version will not capture my heart the same way. I will give it a try and see how it goes.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    kaspera79:
    I loved the original 1932. And I still have one.. I fear the new version will not capture my heart the same way. I will give it a try and see how it goes.
    i think I am going to give the new one a shot myself!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    smoke em if you got em:
    kaspera79:
    i think I am going to give the new one a shot myself!!
    This summer I will do a back to back. Now it won't be completely fair since the original does have considerable age on it, but if the 2013 version doesn't grab me right away, as the 08/09 did, I will know.
    Just picked up 10 of these. Ill let yall know what I think of them when I get them
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    the original blend of these are aweeesome. I have three more left. I must smoke them before my rh spikes to 70.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I personally liked the 64 better but that was 3 years ago since I had one.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I was a big fan of the original 1932 and the Dominus. I'm kinda sad to see them go. Haven't tried any of Padilla's newer stuff though. Last one I tried from Padilla was the Artemis. And thanks for the info, kuzi. On top of all the info as always.