Home General Discussion

What lighter holds the most fuel..?

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
I don't care what kind of flame, or how many. I just want a lighter that holds the most butane and lasts the longest between refills. And right now my Bics holds the most and last the longest. I would love my 5 Vegas lighter if it did not have to be refilled so often.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Essential Gear Trekker Lighter
    Some of the Lotus lighters have large capacity tanks.
    And look up Vertigo Radar or Vortex.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    I'm thinking about getting a tabletop lighter. I am curious to see the answers for a pocket lighter though
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    So far my dupont lign holds a weeks worth for me...and I smoke cigs as well
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Get a tabletop. Some arent even that big. If not, it really does matter what kind of flame... double and triple torch will eat up your butane. I have a xikar crossover that does really well, but they don't make them anymore. There are some cool looking clear lighters that you can see how much is left and the tanks look huge, I'll search to see which those were...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    This is sort of what I was talking about. These are the Xikar Tech's... says large fuel tank, but I have never used one.

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Gray4lines:
    This is sort of what I was talking about. These are the Xikar Tech's... says large fuel tank, but I have never used one.

Definitly check these out....might have a winner. I think the level window may help with the frustration....no more surprises.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Always have a torch and a soft flame on hand!!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    yeah i wouldnt mind something like this lol big lighter photo: big ass lighter DSCF4295.jpg
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Here's my candidate:

photo 97BD7AED-FD48-45C8-9B5B-F347307C8D04.jpg

And it doubles as a table lighter with a switch on the side that keeps it lit. Cheap, too....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Colibri has one I think is called the talon. Single flame big see through tank.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    jlmarta:
    Here's my candidate:

And it doubles as a table lighter with a switch on the side that keeps it lit. Cheap, too....
    Is that a culinary torch?
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    Here is mine. I took video practicing lighting a candle before I tried my cigars. I have found it holds more fuel than anything I could purchase. ;);)
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:

Definitly check these out....might have a winner. I think the level window may help with the frustration....no more surprises.
    I own the dual flame, lasts a good long while, and I love it. The whole reason I bought it was the tank size.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    catfishbluezz:
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:

I own the dual flame, lasts a good long while, and I love it. The whole reason I bought it was the tank size.

Yep....payday and one will be mine.

Thanks for the input you guys.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    One box of Diamond kitchen matches holds 300. They generally come three boxes in a pack, for like three bucks. That computes out to one whole craplode of butane. Light a fleet of cigars with that. Three bucks should hold you for three years.
    PAtoNH:
    jlmarta:
    Here's my candidate:

Is that a culinary torch?

No, it's just a very reliable, inexpensive butane torch. The entire grip, obviously, is the fuel tank and, as I said, it doubles as a table lighter by using a clip-on base to keep it standing and a switch that locks the flame in the "on" position. In advertising I've seen for these it says the flame will burn at 2300degrees Fahrenheit. That would make it handy in the shop, too. I personally think these are the greatest thing since sliced bread.... Lol
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Not many will want to carry around a table top....esp. in your front pocket.....is that a lighter in your pocket or are you just burning to see me? Xikar makes good models that hold a lot of butane...I like the Exodus model myself.
    Cigary:
    Not many will want to carry around a table top....esp. in your front pocket.....is that a lighter in your pocket or are you just burning to see me? Xikar makes good models that hold a lot of butane...I like the Exodus model myself.

I'm not trying to sell this model to ya (lol) but believe it or not I usually carry it in my shirt pocket. It helps keep the fuel warm on cold days and we all know a lighter with warm fuel works better. The clip-on base stays on my table so the whole thing isn't real bulky in my pocket. And the best part is that I paid $7 for it, including shipping. For that price, if it ever quits working properly i can just throw it away and buy another one.
  • g81incg81inc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Marty,
    trying to follow the feed... what is the name of the lighter that you're showing???
    thanks,
    Chuck
    g81inc:
    Marty, trying to follow the feed... what is the name of the lighter that you're showing??? thanks, Chuck

There really isn't any name on it. I bought it on eBay and if memory serves it was shipped from Hong Kong. The easiest way to get info on it is to look up eBay item number 261213063443. I tried to copy it and/or get a URL for it so I could attach it to a post but that doesn't work with eBay so I suggest looking up the item number.

When I bought mine the price was only $7.00 but I see they've gone up a bit.....
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Good review of something you may be interested in. http://youtu.be/KlcPYXOb8yw
    kevin1323:
    Good review of something you may be interested in. http://youtu.be/KlcPYXOb8yw

That's a nice lighter. But, for a tenth of the price, I'll stick with mine. Thanks, my friend......