Home General Discussion

Oliva Serie V NUB

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
Has anyone bought this? If so, was it worth the $40? lol
photo 028FE3EA-orig.png

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Not even worth a try at that price. I' stick with the reguar sizes.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Never heard of it and would only consider it at that price if it were a 10pack.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    You can get that size in the "oliva special release" sampler.....the sampler can be found for a much more affordable price if you look around. Got one of the samplers as a bday gift, haven't fired up the nub yet though....

But no, I'd never pay $40 for a single oliva v, even if it is a "special nub size"----that's about as stupid as paying MSRP for Gurkha.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    OMG, I assumed that was a typo. If anybody wants some for half that price, just let me know. I can cut some regular ones in half and hook you up!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Yikes! I thought the $40 price tag was for, like, FIVE of them! I love the Oliva V and the nub looks like a nice smoke... but not forty bucks worth of nice!!!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I got gifted one from a rep a while ago. That size... eh. For sure not worth 40 to me
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    I think I need a clean pair of underpants! These things are among the most beautiful things I ever seen. I agree Danny, not sure if the are worth the price tag, but Ughh I'd be tempted to over spend!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    That's neat. I have enjoyed the nubs I've had, and I love the V. I am not sure how it does in a huge rg though. The largest I've had is a robo.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    The V nub is very good. Not $40 whatchootalkinboutwillis good but worth a try if you get the sampler it comes in. Something to try once in your life if you are an Oliva V ho like I am. Buy the sampler it comes in, not a single for the same price if not more.
    thehilk:
    I think I need a clean pair of underpants! These things are among the most beautiful things I ever seen. I agree Danny, not sure if the are worth the price tag, but Ughh I'd be tempted to over spend!
    PM to you
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    What I didn't understand was why this was in the Luxury Collection.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Yeah I don't know either even the Stradivarius isn't under the luxury section and those are pretty pricey but who really knows?! I can't justify spending over $15 on any oliva product
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    im good with the V.
    that cigar is the cigar i think of when i think "nicaraguan tobacco"

its a good smoke. i feel the original line is a bit over priced.
    once you make it into the one note song that is a NUB i feel that it is worth LESS not more. the NUB concept keeps the cigars complexity down. its one of the reasons why i dont like the entire line of NUB.

Id pay $4 for one.
    tops.

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Yeah I don't know either even the Stradivarius isn't under the luxury section and those are pretty pricey but who really knows?! I can't justify spending over $15 on any oliva product
    MB1? I'd buy MB1's for $15 until I was broke.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I've hated every nub I've ever had
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Not for $40 a stick.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    I love nubs, but not the Series V.... yuck.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Oliva V, yuck? You may be the first to have said that. Have you had one that was at least 2 yrs old?
    kuzi16:
    im good with the V.
    that cigar is the cigar i think of when i think "nicaraguan tobacco"

This^ ... exactly this.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    danielzreyes:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Oliva V, yuck? You may be the first to have said that. Have you had one that was at least 2 yrs old?
    I cant say ive had one that old.... a year and few months that i can truly confirm, then yes... but never one that I could say was 2. I was throughly not impressed. Dog rocket to me all the way. Tasted like burning...not the good kind. My wife was with me and she agreed it smelled like a dairy fire. I love the series O and the connie reserve, but the V was a major let down.

Aj
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    thehilk:
    No, a Serie V Melanio is prettier than a regular V. The price? Uh, no.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    ddubridge:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    For the record, he said he wouldn't spend over $15, lol, so he (and I many, many times before) would/did spend $15 on MB1's and 2's. I honestly have a hard time justifying paying over $15 for ANY cigar.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Forty bucks.. Are you Joking? Six or seven buck, maybe . They will be on the clearance rack soon enough.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    kaspera79:
    Forty bucks.. Are you Joking? Six or seven buck, maybe . They will be on the clearance rack soon enough.
    Yup! Just cause there aren't a lot of them doesn't mean they're valuable. And isn't the sampler they come it not any more than that??
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    For the record, he said he wouldn't spend over $15, lol, so he (and I many, many times before) would/did spend $15 on MB1's and 2's. I honestly have a hard time justifying paying over $15 for ANY cigar.
    when the mb1 and 2's were out they were not $15! I can see that these nubs have been only released in 2005. But yeah the nub is as much as the mb1's are going for in that section! So really?!?!
  • gogoivan73@gmail.comgogoivan73@gmail.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    Well I am cheap, dont know if I can pay so much for a cigar, I'll smoke it only if it's a gift or a freebie.
    Gray4lines:
    And isn't the sampler they come it not any more than that??
    A couple $$ less actually....
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    How about now? I just noticed these; anyone tried it since the price went down?
    Still's a bit rich for my blood, but in 'I'd think about it' territory.

Oliva Serie V Nub
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868