Home General Discussion

That was a bad choice

bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
So I got my order of Nub Dubs in today and couldn't wait to try one. I went out for a 5 mile run and when I got home started up the grill and lit up a Nub. Then after I took 1 bite of pork steak I became nauseous and extremely hot and ended up throwing up but now I feel fine. I think this will be the last time I follow up a run with a cigar.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    bert873:
    So I got my order of Nub Dubs in today and couldn't wait to try one. I went out for a 5 mile run and when I got home started up the grill and lit up a Nub. Then after I took 1 bite of pork steak I became nauseous and extremely hot and ended up throwing up but now I feel fine. I think this will be the last time I follow up a run with a cigar.
    A little dehydrated, too much nicotine, Yeah, I can see that happening.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Ouch. Definitely a good lesson to pass along.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Definitely need to stop that running if it is interfering with your cigar smoking. Good lesson
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    jsnake:
    Yea it definitely wasn't a good experience.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    bert873:
    jsnake:
    Do a little research on the cigars before you smoke them, if it says medium full-full for the strength make 100% sure you have food in your stomach before smoking.

it happens to all of us, just a lesson learned.
    brianetz1:
    bert873:
    jsnake:
    Do a little research on the cigars before you smoke them, if it says medium full-full for the strength make 100% sure you have food in your stomach before smoking.

it happens to all of us, just a lesson learned.
    I will be sure to keep this in mind next time. Thanks.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Oh boy. Yup, sometimes that happens. I hope you can still enjoy the rest of the nubs!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Running and smoking don't mix and smoking full cigars on an empty stomach are both bad ideas. One might think there is a logical solution to this where you simply eat, run, smoke. NO. Never, ever, run on a stomach full of spicy thai food.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    So now who wants to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge and follow it up with a MoW FTW? (challenge is run 2.5 miles to a krispy kreme, eat a dozen donuts, run 2.5 miles back)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Ken Light:
    So now who wants to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge and follow it up with a MoW FTW? (challenge is run 2.5 miles to a krispy kreme, eat a dozen donuts, run 2.5 miles back)
    Let's just put the cigar through the doughnut and do all three at once! Puff, bite, pant, puff, bite pant...
  • gogoivan73@gmail.comgogoivan73@gmail.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    I dont smoke my cigs on an empty stomach, somehow I dont feel comfortable doing that. A glass of liquor is my best cigar company.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Ken Light:
    Running and smoking don't mix and smoking full cigars on an empty stomach are both bad ideas. One might think there is a logical solution to this where you simply eat, run, smoke. NO. Never, ever, run on a stomach full of spicy thai food.
    This would solve the issue of needing to add lube between your thighs when you run long distances.
    Wear brown shorts.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    rsherman24:
    Definitely need to stop that running if it is interfering with your cigar smoking. Good lesson
    Ooo.. I'd have to agree there!
    Gray4lines:
    Oh boy. Yup, sometimes that happens. I hope you can still enjoy the rest of the nubs!
    I'll still enjoy them! Normally I would've never done this but it's been the first warm day in what feels like forever and I needed to start training for a half marathon coming up and then the Nubs were delivered and I couldn't wait to try them either.