Home General Discussion

Anyone in Texas

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
Near lake falcon? Thinking about taking a fishing trip down there this year and wouldn't mind herfin a little as well

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Sorry, Dont have a Mexican fishing licence
    But very jealous, there are some monster bass in that lake.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Yeah man that and el salto are on my bucket list of places too fish.
    Haven’t been to either of those but have spent plenty of time on Lake Fork, if you are not familiar with that lake it used to be the granddaddy of lakes in Texas. OK well it prob still is when it comes to Texas but has dropped off as a world famous lake in recent years. I know it has our state record of 18+ lbs
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    So I just looked this up. Is Falcon Lake in Falcon State Park? If so, looks like the lake is split between the US and Mexico.
    Rain:
    So I just looked this up. Is Falcon Lake in Falcon State Park? If so, looks like the lake is split between the US and Mexico.
    yeah it's right there but damn!!
    FireRob:
    Haven’t been to either of those but have spent plenty of time on Lake Fork, if you are not familiar with that lake it used to be the granddaddy of lakes in Texas. OK well it prob still is when it comes to Texas but has dropped off as a world famous lake in recent years. I know it has our state record of 18+ lbs
    really I'm jealous about lake fork! It use to be a bucket lister till the big bass battle showed up on it. Although I wouldn't mind fishing it either but I here falcon fish fish like no other!
    I agree, seems like on Falcon a 10 pounder is like no big deal and you should be embarrassed if you don’t catch at least 8 of them in the 10 pound range. I would love to fish Falcon that is for sure. Only thing is just the fact of its location I’d be leery or at least very careful. I haven’t been keeping up with the news but for a while it was strongly suggested to stay away from anywhere on the Texas Mexico border cause the drug cartels were acting crazy
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    I may be the closest at 2.5 hours away...North-northwest from the lake. If your coming from the West of I-35 you may pass right by me. Lemme know...I'll have brisket ready!!