Home General Discussion

Cigars on Film

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
Thought it might be interesting to compile a list of the best cigar related moments in movies. Being a cigar enthusiast, I always take note when a film puts a great looking stick in the spotlight. One of my favorite stogie scenes is the intro from Swordfish. What are your favorite Hollywood cigar scenes?

Comments

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Bumped into an I Love Lucy episode yesterday looking for where they hid science channel when they changed the name of ComCast to Xfinity (cause Xfinity has an X in it). Ricky and Lucy and the Mertzes went to Cuba. Lucy made a fool of herself impersonating a tocedor in a cigar shop.

Acting sure has improved.

• flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    webmost:
    Bumped into an I Love Lucy episode yesterday looking for where they hid science channel when they changed the name of ComCast to Xfinity (cause Xfinity has an X in it). Ricky and Lucy and the Mertzes went to Cuba. Lucy made a fool of herself impersonating a tocedor in a cigar shop.

Acting sure has improved.

Here ya go Brother!!

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Tuco looking for a cigar - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    this was the first thing that popped in my mind when i saw the title:

• gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Bob Luken:
    Tuco looking for a cigar - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    My favorite. Always reminds me of a MOW PA-lol.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Tuco is awesome! Forgot about that scene!

Here's a montage of Clint Eastwood making Backwoods Smokes look cool...

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Puff_Dougie:
    Tuco is awesome! Forgot about that scene!

Here's a montage of Clint Eastwood making Backwoods Smokes look cool...

Fan fact: His favorite flavor was Honey Berry :)
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    On the anniversary DVD for The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, it was said that while Eastwood himself is a non-smoker, he felt that the foul taste of the cigar in his mouth put him in the right frame of mind for his character. Leone reportedly took to Eastwood's distinctive style quickly and commented that, "More than an actor, I needed a mask, and Eastwood, at that time, only had two expressions: with hat and no hat." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fistful_of_Dollars)
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    It is almost an urban legend type of thing with what cigars he smoked for the movies. It depends on who you talk to. Some say local Italian cigars, some say Marsh Wheeeling Virginians, and any number of other suggestions are thrown out as being "the cigars." He did an NPR interview and he only used the cigars for a prop. He does not smoke and that he would cut them to length for different scenes. He stated the name of them but it is so mumbled that it leaves it open to more debate. Just google it and you will see what I mean when it has become urban legend-ish
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Sasquatch:
    It is almost an urban legend type of thing with what cigars he smoked for the movies. It depends on who you talk to. Some say local Italian cigars, some say Marsh Wheeeling Virginians, and any number of other suggestions are thrown out as being "the cigars." He did an NPR interview and he only used the cigars for a prop. He does not smoke and that he would cut them to length for different scenes. He stated the name of them but it is so mumbled that it leaves it open to more debate. Just google it and you will see what I mean when it has become urban legend-ish
    kuzi16:

here is a link to an NPR interview with him where he discusses just this: CLICK
    the cigar parts are near the end at about 16:30

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Some of you might be familiar with this one