Home General Discussion

Gurkha Ghost

MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
I'm really enjoying this one. If you have written Gurkha off in the past I would recommend you give this one a try. I was delightfully surprised!

Comments

• Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    The people at my local b&m told me to try it. They said it's really good
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    I do like the Symphony and the Beauty.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    ANCIENT WARRIOR rules.....
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    i also enjoyed the ghost, it was a good cigar and no burn issues!
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I'm sure there are a few good sticks by Gurkha but I just won't support a company that puts out so much crap and really only seems to care about filling their pockets.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    danielruas:
    I'm sure there are a few good sticks by Gurkha but I just won't support a company that puts out so much crap and really only seems to care about filling their pockets.
    I'm more in this boat. There are soooo many cigars that I want to try that the idea of dropping money on a Gurkha and taking that crap shoot for a decent cigar just doesn't make much sense to me. I just don't ever see myself purchase one. What is even more amazing is that I don't even own one despite the amount of TPB's I'm involved in around here.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    SleevePlz:
    danielruas:
    I'm more in this boat. There are soooo many cigars that I want to try that the idea of dropping money on a Gurkha and taking that crap shoot for a decent cigar just doesn't make much sense to me. I just don't ever see myself purchase one. What is even more amazing is that I don't even own one despite the amount of TPB's I'm involved in around here.
    So what you are saying is that you want a gurkha bomb
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am not only a Viaje whore but a Gurkha whore as well. I have smoked every Gurkha (aside from recent releases) excluding the HMR and the other stupid expensive sticks they have put out. The only one I have not cared for was the infused thing in a tube. Just not for me. I almost bought one of these Ghost at the B&M yesterday but opted for an Opus X Belicoso instead. B&M prices on Gurkha are crazy but I can come to Ccom here and get crazy good deals on samplers and boxes. My favorite is the Warlord. This is on my list to try though for sure.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    SleevePlz:
    danielruas:
    ... I just don't ever see myself purchase one. What is even more amazing is that I don't even own one ( Gurkha) despite the amount of TPB's I'm involved in around here.
    ..Just go visit Kuzi's house on trash day. You will find some there.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    brianetz1:
    SleevePlz:
    danielruas:
    So what you are saying is that you want a gurkha bomb
    Something like that......
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    MorganGeo:
    I'm really enjoying this one. If you have written Gurkha off in the past I would recommend you give this one a try. I was delightfully surprised!

PM Morgan
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    jd50ae:

I don't have much respect for them with all the crap they release, so I usually stay away. I do like the old Ancient Warrior with the yellow label. I recently found them at a "superstore" and still enjoyed it for the price. Have to check out the ghost.
    rsherman24:
    jd50ae:

I don't have much respect for them with all the crap they release, so I usually stay away. I do like the old Ancient Warrior with the yellow label. I recently found them at a "superstore" and still enjoyed it for the price. Have to check out the ghost.
    I am going to whisper this ..." I actually did enjoy the old ancient warrior with the yellow band too" A b&m near me had a Gurkha rep in the shop one day that I stopped by, and he gave me one.. I went back after trying it and bought five more. Haven't seen them since.
    kaspera79:
    rsherman24:
    jd50ae:

I am going to whisper this ..." I actually did enjoy the old ancient warrior with the yellow band too" A b&m near me had a Gurkha rep in the shop one day that I stopped by, and he gave me one.. I went back after trying it and bought five more. Haven't seen them since.

That makes me feel better, I thought it was just me. I found one buried in my humi one day, and really enjoyed it. When I looked it up on line I was almost shocked that it was a Gurkha and more shocked that it was not in production anymore. I found a couple last week, so PM me and I will send one out to see if you still like it. May have found an online source for them also if anyone is interested
  • gogoivan73@gmail.comgogoivan73@gmail.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    I've never tried Gurkha before they look very "shiny" and pricy, but I might try this one. look this site is awesome https://www.swisscubancigars.com/index.php/cohiba-cuban-cigars.html
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    rsherman24:
    kaspera79:
    rsherman24:
    jd50ae:

That makes me feel better, I thought it was just me. I found one buried in my humi one day, and really enjoyed it. When I looked it up on line I was almost shocked that it was a Gurkha and more shocked that it was not in production anymore. I found a couple last week, so PM me and I will send one out to see if you still like it. May have found an online source for them also if anyone is interested

Have any of you tried the new Ancient Warriors? I'm with you all on the old ugly-ass yellow and purple band ones. They really were a great stick, and I was wondering if those new 8.5" ones were at least the same blend or not.
    alienmisprint:
    rsherman24:
    kaspera79:
    rsherman24:
    jd50ae:

Have any of you tried the new Ancient Warriors? I'm with you all on the old ugly-ass yellow and purple band ones. They really were a great stick, and I was wondering if those new 8.5" ones were at least the same blend or not.

I have a couple in the hum I but haven't tried them yet. Tough to find a 4 hour block of time needed for that bad boy. I remember seeing some good reviews on here though.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    rsherman24:
    alienmisprint:
    rsherman24:
    kaspera79:
    rsherman24:
    jd50ae:

I have a couple in the hum I but haven't tried them yet. Tough to find a 4 hour block of time needed for that bad boy. I remember seeing some good reviews on here though.
    I like the ghost probably my favorite Gurkha right now.don't have on hand but is usually what I'll grab at the Local cigar bar,find it to be a good late night cigar.I also like the seduction will fire one of those up with a good cup of coffee.
    rsherman24:
    kaspera79:
    rsherman24:
    jd50ae:

Thanks for the offer, but I would hate to have another, be reminded of how much I liked it, and know I can't get them anymore. And if I hate it, that would spoil my fond memory of a Gurkha I liked. I want to be able to say at least one good thing about everyone.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    MorganGeo:
    no.

never again.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kaspera79:
    ..Just go visit Kuzi's house on trash day. You will find some there.

CLICK