Home General Discussion

Cigars for Warriors

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
Hey all, I had a few people ask me about donating cigars to troops downrange. If anyone is interested in doing this, Cigars for Warriors is the way to go. I can speak from experience, they are the real deal. If you are deployed downrange, you just email them your address and they send out a box with roughly 40 cigars in it. Whenever you are running low, just email them again with "refill" in the subject line, and they mail out another box. It helped a great deal with keeping our cigar club going when I was at FOB Fenty. For those interested, you can check out their website here:

http://cigarsforwarriors.org/

Or email Ben Edmundson directly at: admin@cigarsforwarriors.net

Again, this is just for anyone who has some excess cigars that they want to get rid of. They also take cigar-related stuff; cutters, magazines, etc. I recieved magazines, stickers, and cutters in different boxes from them that I was then able to hand out to the newer guys at the cigar club.

Comments

• bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Thanks for posting this. I just got back from seeing Lone Survivor and I'm speechless. The least I could do is send some sticks for the men and women serving for our country.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Dang, now I need to see Lone Survivor again.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    alienmisprint:
    Hey all, I had a few people ask me about donating cigars to troops downrange. If anyone is interested in doing this, Cigars for Warriors is the way to go. I can speak from experience, they are the real deal. If you are deployed downrange, you just email them your address and they send out a box with roughly 40 cigars in it. Whenever you are running low, just email them again with "refill" in the subject line, and they mail out another box. It helped a great deal with keeping our cigar club going when I was at FOB Fenty. For those interested, you can check out their website here:

http://cigarsforwarriors.org/

Or email Ben Edmundson directly at: admin@cigarsforwarriors.net

Again, this is just for anyone who has some excess cigars that they want to get rid of. They also take cigar-related stuff; cutters, magazines, etc. I recieved magazines, stickers, and cutters in different boxes from them that I was then able to hand out to the newer guys at the cigar club.

Great to hear. It is a fantastic program for the servicemen and servicewomen, but it is also reassuring to hear that the cigars make it to the troops. One of the big retail B&M's I stop at has a big donation box decorated for Cigars for Warriors. I always put some in while I am there, and the box usually has quite a bit of product in it.
    Thank You
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    + one million. Cigar for Warriors is run by some friends of mine. The amount of work they do for the troops is nothing short of amazing. You can feel good donating to them and knowing your donation will make it to the intended destination.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Good to know. When I get more material, I'd like to donate some "cigar accessories"
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    danielzreyes:
    Good to know. When I get more material, I'd like to donate some "cigar accessories"

Those would be fantastic man. The stogie stands you sent me were crazy popular. The first week I brought them, no one picked them up at first. Then everyone saw me using one, and it just kind of hit them. It was like an epiphany moment, lol. They only lasted that night.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    Great organization.
    Just got a nice thank you from them!
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    What a really great organization.

The closest participating cigar store to me, is "Burns Tobacconist" of Chattanooga TN. And next door to them is "A conveniently located and most unique 20,000 square foot multilevel entertainment complex where you can find the best Billiards, Food, Spirits, Darts, Cigars and more - open 7 days a week until 3:00 a.m".

Had the idea of making the closest cigar store my go to for cigars in the real world, but 4 hours one way is a long drive. Oh well, I can make all the stores a rest stop on any trips we make.
    Sounds like a fun place. There is a participating store about 5 miles from me but I am so lazy I just go to the PO which is .5 mile.
    Serendipity. I just came back from our local B&M where I picked up a few sticks for a fellow forum member. On my way out of my house I grabbed some sticks I had forgotten to put in a package to Cigars for Warriors. The store is a local drop off for them. I was giving them to the owner when he called someone over who turns out to be on the staff (volunteer) of Cigars for Warriors. Apparently they were hosting an event there. He told me how much the troops appreciate that people are thinking of them. They pay all their expenses for travel and the like out of their own pockets. Great organization.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    It is a great group. I just spent time with Storm Boen and Aaron Taylor from Cigars fro Warriors at Cigarfest.
    This was Tim who manages their social media and goes to the various B&Ms that are drop off centers. The stories he told me of the positive effect this has on the troops in the field were really nice. Motivated me to get another box out there.