Home Non Cigar Related

Local Paper Photographer...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
inadvertently starts horrible rumors...

So, yesterday my son and his wife suggested that we have a family snow day at our local park. We took a couple of sleds and a big inflatable raft and had a great time playing in the powder. Just as we were getting ready to pack it in, a sweet elderly couple who takes pictures for the local paper came by and asked us to pose for some shots. My wife stayed on the sidelines (she hates to have her picture taken) and gave the lady everyone's names. My son was especially excited because at age 24, he's never had his picture in the paper before.

Today, the story hit the front page of our small town paper. But... the lady got the names mixed up. There's no picture of my son, but the bold caption reads, "Doug C*min and his wife, Corinne have a little fun playing snow ball." Problem is, Corinne is my son's wife!!! LOL!

Shouldn't take long before rumors begin to fly that I've stolen my son's wife!!! image

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Every time I've ever had first hand knowlege of events that are reported in the paper, they always get some facts wrong. Every time. Every single time. And sometimes I forget to take that into consideration when I'm reading a story in the paper. But I should remember it every time. Every single time.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Bob Luken:
    Every time I've ever had first hand knowlege of events that are reported in the paper, they always get some facts wrong. Every time. Every single time. And sometimes I forget to take that into consideration when I'm reading a story in the paper. But I should remember it every time. Every single time.

+1
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

+1
    Err is the last word in newspaper.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Puff_Dougie:
    inadvertently starts horrible rumors...

So, yesterday my son and his wife suggested that we have a family snow day at our local park. We took a couple of sleds and a big inflatable raft and had a great time playing in the powder. Just as we were getting ready to pack it in, a sweet elderly couple who takes pictures for the local paper came by and asked us to pose for some shots. My wife stayed on the sidelines (she hates to have her picture taken) and gave the lady everyone's names. My son was especially excited because at age 24, he's never had his picture in the paper before.

Today, the story hit the front page of our small town paper. But... the lady got the names mixed up. There's no picture of my son, but the bold caption reads, "Doug Comin and his wife, Corinne have a little fun playing snow ball." Problem is, Corinne is my son's wife!!! LOL!

Shouldn't take long before rumors begin to fly that I've stolen my son's wife!!! image
    So, I fogot to ask. Has anyone asked you why you ran off with your daughter-in-law you disgusting man!? (And also, Is that a bat or a boat paddle? And if it's a poat paddle, why did you take it sledding? LOL)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Bob Luken:
    So, I fogot to ask. Has anyone asked you why you ran off with your daughter-in-law you disgusting man!? (And also, Is that a bat or a boat paddle? And if it's a poat paddle, why did you take it sledding? LOL)
    Since the first question amounts to "When did you stop beating your wife," I'll just ignore it an move on... :^)

As for the second, yes, it is a boat paddle. My son decided it would be fun to use his inflatable raft as a sled. It actually did make a nice vehicle for sliding down the snow. The paddles were just a bonus.

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/28/haywood-jablome-strikes-a_n_404876.html That was from our local paper. Good times after that was posted and the reporter realized her mistake.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    Robbing the cradle! lol