Home General Discussion

Who likes Rocky Patel Cargo?

WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
I mean, they're cheap and all, but does anyone like them?

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I'm instantly suspicious of anything that comes out to near $2 a stick and comes in a mazo. Then again, AJ Fresh Rolled fits that mold and is da bomb. You got any cargos?
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I do, and I don't likely.
    I'd respond, but then this would have to go in TP&B. ;)
    Well, this neither a trade, pass or bomb. It's some cargo. Looking for a home. That is all.
    Eesh, I don't even want to joke around here and upset anyone today.I'll PM you.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    I'm not averse to a bargain smoke and have found that I'm a fan of the DPG Baez Serie H Monarcas that Ccom has on clearance: Mazos of 20 for $2.50/ea.

The reviews I've read of the Cargos say they're a solid, medium bodied smoke and good "for the money"… not complex but solid construction and worth the $$. It's a mix of long & short filler if that's a concern... "The smoke is creamy, well balanced, and earthy with a notes of sweet wood and espresso."
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    My answer:

*shrug*
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    Not sure, I have not tried one yet.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I had a couple a few years ago. I liked them. Like others said, nothing complex, or anything super special. They are good though. Mild/Medium, and with a slightly sweet profile.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Rain:
    Eesh, I don't even want to joke around here and upset anyone today.I'll PM you.
    ??rocky Patel??
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I used to be a huge fan of RP back in the day. But the last couple of years his blends have changed and prices have gone up. Haven't tried the cargo though, I wonder if it's a Ccom exclusive?
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Krieg:
    I used to be a huge fan of RP back in the day. But the last couple of years his blends have changed and prices have gone up. Haven't tried the cargo though, I wonder if it's a Ccom exclusive?
    We talked before that we each used to love Rocky---------have you tried the Royale or the ----$hit I for get teh name (greenish blue band from some cigar festival?)------Both taste like the "old" Rocky's.....impressive I must say........the rest however------------------
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    I still like them, the american selects and vintage 99s I thought were just lovely

Aj
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Vulchor:
    Krieg:
    We talked before that we each used to love Rocky---------have you tried the Royale or the ----$hit I for get teh name (greenish blue band from some cigar festival?)------Both taste like the "old" Rocky's.....impressive I must say........the rest however------------------

I might have to give those two a shot. I'm in the same boat, used to love Rocky. The Decade is still one of my favorite smokes, at least the ones from before they moved factories. The new Decades have lost alot of their appeal. I think the last new blend he came out with that I really liked was the Patel Bros. The last new thing I tried by RP was the 15th Anniversary, and I was really disappointed.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    alienmisprint:
    Vulchor:
    Krieg:

I might have to give those two a shot. I'm in the same boat, used to love Rocky. The Decade is still one of my favorite smokes, at least the ones from before they moved factories. The new Decades have lost alot of their appeal. I think the last new blend he came out with that I really liked was the Patel Bros. The last new thing I tried by RP was the 15th Anniversary, and I was really disappointed.
    15th was EXTREMELY disappointing.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Vulchor:
    alienmisprint:
    Vulchor:
    Krieg:

15th was EXTREMELY disappointing.

Yeah, it was. Like I said, I haven't tried anything by him since.
    My first (quality) box purchase was the Vintage 2002 (cameroon) and I really enjoyed those. I still have about 2 or 3 left from that.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    I've got a dozen edge & old world sitting around… they had a pretty tight draw ROTT and I'm hoping that might change by this summer. I enjoy the 1990 Vintage second toros from time to time and keep a stash for giveaways to non-smokers as they're a pretty decent smoke and I won't mind if they get "trayed" halfway through.