Home General Discussion

The new 5 Vegas Miami....

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
....has a black band. From what I can see (my reading comprehension has been slipping) the blue band is no longer available (I think). I am very depressed and having bad thoughts over letting an untried 5 Vegas get by me. If anyone has one (any size) that they are willing to sell or trade please PM me.

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Just read the description of the new Miami. Are they just taking a few shots at DPG or what?
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Yeah I just learned the originals are discontinued a couple weeks ago, which is really unfortunate. I would trade but I only have or two left.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    PM to you jd50ae
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Pm me and I will tell ya where to find them.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Let me know when they are out... I'll get a 5 pack and send you a couple.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    WaltBasil:
    Let me know when they are out... I'll get a 5 pack and send you a couple.

I love you man.

CI shows them as ordered but not available.
    danielruas:
    Yeah I just learned the originals are discontinued a couple weeks ago, which is really unfortunate. I would trade but I only have or two left.

I'll give you Rain and 2 future draft choices. :)
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    jd50ae:
    danielruas:

I'll give you Rain and 2 future draft choices. :)
    Do you work for the Browns?
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    jd50ae:
    ....has a black band. From what I can see (my reading comprehension has been slipping) the blue band is no longer available (I think). I am very depressed and having bad thoughts over letting an untried 5 Vegas get by me. If anyone has one (any size) that they are willing to sell or trade please PM me.
    Pm replied
    Glock1975:
    jd50ae:
    Pm replied

Thank You.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Bought a box of the OR DPG blended Toro's and have maybe one left, what a fantastic cigar. The only ones I picked up after the Toro's was the Knuckle but it didn't get good until after 18 months in the humi. Have had my current batch for about a year now but don't know if they are the blend I liked. I'll try and smoke one soon and if it isn't my cup of tea anymore, I'll offer them up
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    SleevePlz:
    Just read the description of the new Miami. Are they just taking a few shots at DPG or what?
    Can you link to the article? I can't find anything on a new blend.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    It's over at the sister site.
    SleevePlz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    It's over at the sister site.
    Gotcha
    If i remember correctly, the very first 5V Miami's were produced in Miami... somewhere along the way they switched to Nicaragua and quit releasing the "actual Miami" Miami's which I believe had shaggy feet.. I am not sure how the blue-band blend compares to this, but I'd be excited to try it. Their not mentioning DPG is a little strange since I though he blended (or was in on) the blue-band.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Gray4lines:
    If i remember correctly, the very first 5V Miami's were produced in Miami... somewhere along the way they switched to Nicaragua and quit releasing the "actual Miami" Miami's which I believe had shaggy feet.. I am not sure how the blue-band blend compares to this, but I'd be excited to try it. Their not mentioning DPG is a little strange since I though he blended (or was in on) the blue-band.
    Blue Band
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Cuban-seed Nicaraguan, Cuban-seed Dominican

New Black band:
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
    Filler: Nicaraguan

i wasnt a huge fan of the original one. apperently not many were so they had to re blend it... or in fairness, maybe a tobacco became more difficult to get, or a contract ran out. not much we can do about it now.

the blue band was made by DPG and they probably didnt mention it because he is no longer involved.

i suspect that the My Father factory wasnt making money on the original line of the Miami and they decided to cut ties with 5 Vegas as a business decision. so if 5 vegas wanted to continue the miami line they would have to reblend.

i have a feeling i wont like the new 5 Vegas miami either.
    i mean, how many cigars can we have that are Ecuadorian wrapped Nicaraguan filler? there are tons of them. i have a feeling this is going to be a fairly average cigar at best.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    The original release mini corona at 4.5x44 was great as a short smoke. Sadly, I see that there are no more smaller sizes than the robusto. Instead they sell the gordo size that panders to the bigger-is-better crowd... I hope the rest of the 5 Vegas line doesn't go that route.
    kuzi16:
    Gray4lines:
    Blue Band
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
    Filler: Cuban-seed Nicaraguan, Cuban-seed Dominican

New Black band:
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
    Filler: Nicaraguan

i wasnt a huge fan of the original one. apperently not many were so they had to re blend it... or in fairness, maybe a tobacco became more difficult to get, or a contract ran out. not much we can do about it now.

the blue band was made by DPG and they probably didnt mention it because he is no longer involved.

i suspect that the My Father factory wasnt making money on the original line of the Miami and they decided to cut ties with 5 Vegas as a business decision. so if 5 vegas wanted to continue the miami line they would have to reblend.

i have a feeling i wont like the new 5 Vegas miami either.
    i mean, how many cigars can we have that are Ecuadorian wrapped Nicaraguan filler? there are tons of them. i have a feeling this is going to be a fairly average cigar at best.
    Thanks, Kuz. I was on my phone with spotty internet and couldn't really research to compare. I agree... I love corojo wrappers and the mix filler made it interesting. Now it just sounds like another Nic cigar... not bad, but not special.
    CCom informs me the 5 Vegas Miami will be in stock in a few weeks. He did not know if it would be the blue or black band. I'm thinking black and it will be made in Miami as far as anyone knows.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    jd50ae:
    CCom informs me the 5 Vegas Miami will be in stock in a few weeks. He did not know if it would be the blue or black band. I'm thinking black and it will be made in Miami as far as anyone knows.
    Email Tim B if you want the DPG Miami's. I'm sure if you want the blacks they will have them soon. They follow the sister by about a month on all the new stuff.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    For those who prefer not to click over to CI

Cigars Intl --- Proudly made in America. Welcome to Miami. Or more specifically, welcome to 5 Vegas Miami. If you’re a regular around these parts, you’re probably quite familiar with that name. But here’s my big, ironic surprise: 5 Vegas Miami is now actually made in Miami….right here in the good ol’ USA. The blend is better yet the price remained the same, an inconceivable outcome considering the drastically different economics of making a cigar in America versus Nicaragua. Don’t take my word, the proof is within every box. Just prepare to be impressed. The new and improved 5 Vegas Miami is handcrafted in Miami, USA at Gran Habano’s factory in Miami’s cigar center, Calle Ocho. Outdoing the original blend seemed impossible, but owner and master blender George Rico succeeded with ease. Utilizing a vintage, Cuban-seed blend of Nicaraguan long-fillers and an oily and golden brown Habano Ecuador wrapper, this Miami-made beauty delivers a quintessentially Cuban-esque profile that’s layered with notes of pepper, earth, nuts, and a toasty-sweet finish. It’s bold, but perfectly balanced and brimming with flavor. My advice: smoke it slow and take it all in. Legally, this might be as close as you’ll get to that island’s forbidden wares. Keeping all the jobs and business in the USA is just icing on the cake.
    CI:
    ...this Miami-made beauty delivers a quintessentially Cuban-esque profile that’s layered with notes of pepper, earth, nuts, and a toasty-sweet finish. It’s bold, but perfectly balanced and brimming with flavor. My advice: smoke it slow and take it all in. Legally, this might be as close as you’ll get to that island’s forbidden wares. Keeping all the jobs and business in the USA is just icing on the cake.

do you smell that?

smells like Bull ***

now i want to review one.
    kuzi16:
    CI:
    ...this Miami-made beauty delivers a quintessentially Cuban-esque profile that’s layered with notes of pepper, earth, nuts, and a toasty-sweet finish. It’s bold, but perfectly balanced and brimming with flavor. My advice: smoke it slow and take it all in. Legally, this might be as close as you’ll get to that island’s forbidden wares. Keeping all the jobs and business in the USA is just icing on the cake.

do you smell that?

smells like Bull ***

now i want to review one.
    I never ever ever buy the "cuban-esque" garbage.
    Gray4lines:
    I never ever ever buy the "cuban-esque" garbage.
    I can count on one hand how many non-Cuban cigars I've smoked that taste Cuban-esque.
    I can also count on one hand the Cuban sticks I've had that have completely blown me away.
    I bought a fiver of 5V Miami way back in my early days. Not my style, at least back then. Super peppery and not balanced. I would revisit them now but I didn't lose sleep when they disappeared. I wouldn't lose sleep if the whole 5V brand disappeared, honestly. They aren't bad, I just don't search them out to smoke.
    id miss the "AAA"
    I've only ever smoked one of those Matt. I liked it. I also liked the 5V Classic (red label) but I just don't get to smoke very often anymore and my tastes have changed. You ever notice that it is usually budget brands / lines that talk about Cubanesque.
    dennisking:
    I've only ever smoked one of those Matt. I liked it. I also liked the 5V Classic (red label) but I just don't get to smoke very often anymore and my tastes have changed. You ever notice that it is usually budget brands / lines that talk about Cubanesque.
    and DE, lol!