Home General Discussion

Do you ever smoke a cigar and think. . .

Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
Do you ever smoke a cigar and think, "This is a good cigar. I know why it's good, but I just don't like it?" or Am i the only one that does that? For instance the Oliva V maduro, I smoked it and can see why it's considered a good cigar, but I just personally don't like it.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Sure, I think you can appreciate a quality cigar but also acknowledge that it just isn't your thing.
  • pokerstar22pokerstar22 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    yeah its happened a couple times
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Yeah, I guess the palette doesn't care about price or ratings of a "good Cigar", put that on your dislike list!!
    Bio for the win!!
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Not sure about the explanation of "good cigar" then smoking it and then consider it's not something you like. A good cigar to me is anything cigar that has the profile I like and has a good construction and so on and so on. I do think that a lot of us tend to see all of the 'new' cigars that come out with a big marketing program telling everybody how great they all are...but I only believe what my tastes tell me. I think that's what you are saying and even though ads are part of the cycle I try not to let somebody tell me what I like.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Cigary:
    Not sure about the explanation of "good cigar" then smoking it and then consider it's not something you like. A good cigar to me is anything cigar that has the profile I like and has a good construction and so on and so on. I do think that a lot of us tend to see all of the 'new' cigars that come out with a big marketing program telling everybody how great they all are...but I only believe what my tastes tell me. I think that's what you are saying and even though ads are part of the cycle I try not to let somebody tell me what I like.
    There are quite a few cigars that are out there that I don't care for. They aren't bad tasting, great construction and all around good cigars, but not something I like to smoke.
    Just because I they aren't in my flavor profile, doesn't mean they are bad cigars.
    To me, a bad cigar is one that is terrible tasting, poorly constructed and has tons of burn problems.
    I can think of a couple lines [late 90s, early 2000s Lone Wolf] that come to mind. LOL!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Thanatos0320:
    Do you ever smoke a cigar and think, "This is a good cigar. I know why it's good, but I just don't like it?" or Am i the only one that does that? For instance the Oliva V maduro, I smoked it and can see why it's considered a good cigar, but I just personally don't like it.
    Yep. Have had that experience before... but NEVER with the Oliva Serie V maduro!! Different cigars definitely appeal to different people (different smokes for different folks?) ... sorry, that was really corny.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    You like what you like whether it's an Opus or White Owl. I think we all have tried those sticks that are praised and couldn't see what all the hub bub was about.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Happens all the time. Its all about your personal palette. I think the Tatuaje Anarchy is one of the best cigars I've ever had, but there are people who really don't like it at all. I personally don't care for Opus X, anything I've tried from AVO, or Man O War, which are all pretty popular cigars. Its all about personal taste.