Home General Discussion

Think I'm loosing it guys ....

honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
So today when I got home from class, I was able to go out back with the wife to light up a cigar to unwind from the constant testing, I picked out a
"Carlos ToranO - Virtuoso"
from the cooler to enjoy, and ..well it was different, good mind you, but ..well different
(I really did like it ... and will buy more if I can)

the am I loosing it moment is that about every 6th or 7th draw I would get a "quick - zap" of .. what I can only describe as spearmint or some kind of "BAM" mint leaf zing
only for a quick second or two, and only maybe a dozen draws overall, and not once in a row on the draws ????

Am I just loosing it, or is this to be expected for this cigar ?? ...Pic below for reference...

Comments

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    thats the sweet pesticide flavor your tasting.

Aj
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    dr_frankenstein56:
    thats the sweet pesticide flavor your tasting.

Aj
    Gotta love that nonoxynol-9!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    LOL .... might be some truth to these comments ^^^^ but IDK
    honorknight7:
    the am I loosing it moment is that about every 6th or 7th draw I would get a "quick - zap" of .. what I can only describe as spearmint or some kind of "BAM" mint leaf zing
    only for a quick second or two, and only maybe a dozen draws overall, and not once in a row on the draws ????

Am I just loosing it, or is this to be expected for this cigar ??
    Never smoked a virtuoso but have this happen every now and then with other cigars. I'll pick up a real intense/distinct flavor for a handful of puffs and then it disappears and everything goes "back to normal"
    Never could figure out why....maybe I'm "losing it" too, bro. We can go to the loonie-bin together
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    I had a similar experience with an osok, I kept getting a raspberry like taste!
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    This hasnt happened to me yet, but ill take a shot of the pepper and coffee on every other draw please, seriously; is it possible a flavored clunp of filler caugt the burn at the time you took the draw?
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Maybe someone spat thier chewed gum into the backy ! Ok...yes... that was gross. Sorry !
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    curtpick:
    Maybe someone spat thier chewed gum into the backy ! Ok...yes... that was gross. Sorry !
    ^^^^
    Well I guess as long as I'm not aware of "How or why" it happened I guess...?...
    maybe I shouldn't dig to deep into this, and just attribute it to the tobacco gods sending me a little smoking bonus :D
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    honorknight7:
    curtpick:
    ^^^^
    Well I guess as long as I'm not aware of "How or why" it happened I guess...?...
    maybe I shouldn't dig to deep into this, and just attribute it to the tobacco gods sending me a little smoking bonus :D
    hahaha... yes... good one. I'll have ot remember that next time with Morgan. "It's a little bonus from the tobacco gods... thats all bro..." LOL

On a serious note though... yes, I've had that happen before. Can't recall which one, or what the flavor was, but it was a nice surprise and I bought a bunch of others based off that, only to find they didn't have it. Was the Casa Torano. Still a very good cigar now mind you.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    smoke em if you got em:
    Losing??
    thets knots hows its speeled.

Aj
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I had a stick that went completely tasteless for a bit of time in the middle, that was so weird.