Home General Discussion

Another limited edtion MOW??????

jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
WTF is this?????
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1783&scSlide=2

Not a fan of OCC so I'm going to pass on this one....

But starting to worry about you, AJ...
I know we've had a few threads on this over the past month or two.....
And I'm happy AJ's having success, and obviously these LE blends must be selling since he keeps pumping them out. But I do hope the original MOW lines don't get lost along the way.....
Love the Virtues and Overruns, but I would hate to see AJ turn into the next (insert over-hyped, over-marketed manufacturer here).

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    jgibv:
    WTF is this?????

Don't you mean "FTW is this!!!!"??
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I would try it but I'm not in any hurry. But maybe I should be. There was another TV show tie-in cigar that I wasn't in any hurry to try. The CAO Soprano. Turns out they quit making them around the time that I discovered that I really liked them.

(When I first heard of the Heisenburg cigar I thought it was a TV show tie-in cigar promotion too. Breaking Bad?)
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I heard that Philly Eagles one he made was actually a Virtue with a different band ;)
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    In the past I've enjoyed the show but I won't buy the cigar… tie in promotions and most product placement on TV and movies annoy the fook outta me. I suspect that a LOT of this stuff is just re-banded/re-packaged.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rain:
    I heard that Philly Eagles one he made was actually a Virtue with a different band ;)
    It was, I smoked one ;-)

....so yes, yes...call me a hypocrite. But I love the virtue and bought the LE philly because it was a better price than the normal Virtue.

I'm sure this is similar; either a rebranded MOW OG or a rebranded Ruination. I guess I don't mind it
    Hmm, if these don't sell---maybe we'll see them on sale for a nice discount in a few months, similar to the discount on the philly edition. Now I'd really like that.
    That would be FTW worthy if you ask me

Just worried, don't want to see AJ end up in the same category as the many other "limited-edition" blenders, ya dig?

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Agreed. I honestly don't think AJ is the "best" cigar blender/maker. I just think that you know what you're going to get and the prices won't break the bank. Plus I happen to like what he makes, anyways.An example of something his I don't like is MOW PA. I love the smoke, but $8 for a corona is a joke. I'll scoop them up on deals all day long, though.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    one of the latest ccom catalogs had an article about it. Didn't have too many details about the cigar blend which was surprising. Wonder if it is just an existing blend with a new label?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Oh dear. When does the MOW Chucks come out?
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Everyone enjoys dif blenders/blends I for one am excited for this release. I enjoy most of AJs blends especially the stronger ones. While I def understand that 8 dollars for a corona is a lot but I would pay it all day not that I normally do but that and the my father corona are my favorite cigars period. The man o war and ruination I feel are great and have enjoyed a lot of higher end stuff from other blenders a lot less. This could be due to my underdeveloped palette or my thirst to get kicked in the chin when lighting up. The only cigar I pay top dollar for are opus probably because there potent. I love the initial kick and retrohale blast AJ is known for. I'm def gonna pick up a box since there a new MOW blend, cigars is a business like everything else and marketing and hype are what put food on the table, for 7 dollars a toro I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I always hear comparisons between AJ and Rocky and I really hope it never comes to that. AJ's cigar pedigree and knowledge are a lot different then Rocky's so I hope that's a game changer.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    "New, from Master Blender AJ Fernandez, the Limited Addition stick that will TRULY keep you guessing. Coming to an online distributor near you, It's the Desperate Housewives (8x80, of course)"
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    ehehat:
    "New, from Master Blender AJ Fernandez, the Limited Addition stick that will TRULY keep you guessing. Coming to an online distributor near you, It's the Desperate Housewives (8x80, of course)"
    If MOW Chucks ever do come out, we can be twinsies.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    jgibv:
    WTF is this?????

And I'm happy AJ's having success, and obviously these LE blends must be selling since he keeps pumping them out. But I do hope the original MOW lines don't get lost along the way.....
    Love the Virtues and Overruns, but I would hate to see AJ turn into the next (insert over-hyped, over-marketed manufacturer here).
    I was talking to "The Beard" about this concern last Friday and he said something that put AJ in perspective as opposed to Kaiser or Rocky. Kaiser is a money/marketing man and only see dollar signs. Kaiser is not really a tobacco guy so when he samples blends he takes the word of the factory that is blending/rolling for him. Kaiser will smoke something and then negotiate a price to maximize his benefit so in his mind more lines me more profit it doesn't matter if they are good or bad.
    Rocky on the other hand is tobacco savvy and can create good blends but he also wants to maximize his lines for better profit.
    AJ is a tobacco guy first and foremost and loves tobacco. He is always experimenting and creating new lines. He does some line extensions because it is popular (occ, shorty etc.); but he is always looking for the best way to showcase tobacco. Yes he makes money, but his view point is tobacco first, branding/marketing second.
    just my 2 cents
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ShotgunJohn:
    jgibv:
    WTF is this?????

I was talking to "The Beard" about this concern last Friday and he said something that put AJ in perspective as opposed to Kaiser or Rocky. Kaiser is a money/marketing man and only see dollar signs. Kaiser is not really a tobacco guy so when he samples blends he takes the word of the factory that is blending/rolling for him. Kaiser will smoke something and then negotiate a price to maximize his benefit so in his mind more lines me more profit it doesn't matter if they are good or bad.
    Rocky on the other hand is tobacco savvy and can create good blends but he also wants to maximize his lines for better profit.
    AJ is a tobacco guy first and foremost and loves tobacco. He is always experimenting and creating new lines. He does some line extensions because it is popular (occ, shorty etc.); but he is always looking for the best way to showcase tobacco. Yes he makes money, but his view point is tobacco first, branding/marketing second.
    just my 2 cents
    John --- thanks for sharing that info you got from "The Beard."

I understand AJ's gotta make $$ --- just worried if he gets too many of these "limited edition" blends that quality would drop, or his prices go up to a point where his smokes become out of my price range.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    ehehat:
    too funny, smoking one now, the occ that is, lol, not bad
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ths thread reminded me i need to get a few MoW virtues
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    I just got a box of them, and a few friends....delivered 5 minutes ago! A friend is up from Jersey on business and after many flight delays due to the weather...arrived 4 hours late. So no time for a smoke tonight with him. :(

For what it is worth, I have been led to believe that they taste similar to the 'core.' And yes, the LESEAN MCCOY MOW's were just virtues with a fancier green label.