Home Cigar 101

How to ship cigars

ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
So being really new to cigars and stuff is there a right and wrong way to ship cigars? I have had a few orders shipped to me and it was just the general celephone stuff around the cigars. But sites like this ship with a water pillow thingy. So how does one ship cigars?

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Either way is fine. Water pillow are nice, but not needed if its only in there a few days.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    If you are shipping priority, I see no reason to put a pillow in, but it does not hurt. However, if they get smashed, they ooze out a goup that will get on non-cello cigars and ruin them. As far as packing them is concerned, the answer is easy. Think about it this way... If you opened up the package you are sending, would you think it was packed well? If not, then start over. They should not be free floating and moving around; rather, secure without being able to move within bubble wrap or some other packing material. When cigars get tossed around, they break.
    catfishbluezz:
    If you are shipping priority, I see no reason to put a pillow in, but it does not hurt. However, if they get smashed, they ooze out a goup that will get on non-cello cigars and ruin them. As far as packing them is concerned, the answer is easy. Think about it this way... If you opened up the package you are sending, would you think it was packed well? If not, then start over. They should not be free floating and moving around; rather, secure without being able to move within bubble wrap or some other packing material. When cigars get tossed around, they break.
    yeah, what he said
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    One of the guys here gave me a good tip; place your cigars in bubble wrap or whatever you are using, and then lock the entire package with newspaper inside the box. If you shake the box and anything moves, insert more paper. ( thankyou Bob Luken)
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    The longer it's in transit, (overseas) the better quality baggie you want to use. The zipper bags that ccom sends us cigars in are OK, but if its a long trip, get a better baggie.
    I keep all the Ccom baggies, and what ever baggies I'm bombed/traded with in stock. Also, the bubble wrap. You know, recycling and all.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Whatever you ship cigars in ensure that it has enough packaging inside to minimize any damage to the cigars...wadded up paper, etc. Pillows are fine but not necessary as mail moves pretty fast these days...4 days at most.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    flowbee:
    One of the guys here gave me a good tip; place your cigars in bubble wrap or whatever you are using, and then lock the entire package with newspaper inside the box. If you shake the box and anything moves, insert more paper. ( thankyou Bob Luken)
    this is exactly what i do. no motion should be heard/felt when you shake your packed cigars.
    only difference is that i use paper towels and not newspaper.