Home General Discussion

Photography Tip. Offset your subject to the left.

Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
If you are not going to re-size your photos down to fit the forum limits, it would perfom the same purpose if you placed the subject (cigars) in your photos off to the left side of the viewfinder when you snap the picture. That way when we're viewing your pics on the forum, nobody has to scroll to the right to see everything that you wanted us to see.

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Did you PM the guilty party and explain to them your issue before you posted this in general discussion? You're thread comes of as snarky, IMO.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    ROFL!
    Oh yes he did!
    And photobucket has this cool "edit" feature that you can resize your images too.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    I like scrolling.

It makes me feel like I'm getting more for my money. :^)
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I use Flickr and never have to adjust the pic size, just my 2 cents
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Im always on my phone, and apparently you cannot resize on the mobile app. Sorry bob, lol!
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I use my facebook, and I like to make you work for it
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Rain:
    Did you PM the guilty party and explain to them your issue before you posted this in general discussion? You're thread comes of as snarky, IMO.
    I edited the wording. Does that seem less snarky?
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I'd like to apologize. Post what you want to post Bob, I'll move on.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Potatographs cannot be resized. One blur fits all.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Hey, unedit the edit. I want to read some snark!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    F it! If peeps wanna start 10 new threads a day peeps can post any size pics they want..don't wanna scroll then don't scroll..just sayin'
    Rain:
    I'd like to apologize. Post what you want to post Bob, I'll move on.
    No worries. I didn't mean it to be snarky, I think you were right though. I think the wording may have been leaning it that direction.

It's a legitimate tip though. It's a trick I do when I'm taking pictures to post on here. It just makes your pics better to be seen without any hoizontal scrolling.
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Hey, unedit the edit. I want to read some snark!
    Here's the snark. - If you are not going to bother with re-sizing your photos down to fit the forum limits, it would be nice if you placed the subject (cigars) in your photos off to the left side of the viewfinder when you snap the picture. That way when we're viewing your pics on the forum, nobody has to scroll to the right to see everything that you wanted us to see.