Home General Discussion

Tubo torpedo

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
Are there any torpedo tubos? Something I don't think I've seen. Honestly makes no difference to me in the long run. Just a general curiosity.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Yes tat made some...lfd has the chisel...and so on
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Yes tat made some...lfd has the chisel...and so on
    Yeah, probably the most famous ones were the Tat Black and Red Tubos. I was surprised to notice that the Cuban Montecristo makes a tubo for its Open Regata (a torpedo), but not the #2.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Pvnisher makes a tubo torpedo.
    Lol, this thread is making me think. The PSP2 comes in a nice black tubo. If my memory serves me right, I can't remember seeing the Zino Platinum torps in a tubo, although many of the other vitolas do. I might be wrong about that last one. I'm too lazy to actually check. I've said it before, but I'm a sucker for a cigar that comes in a black tubo (Zino, Regius, Tat, Party).
    SleevePlz:
    I've said it before, but I'm a sucker for a cigar that comes in a black tubo (Zino, Regius, Tat, Party).
    Thank you. I must have missed that last time.
    ddubridge:
    SleevePlz:
    I've said it before, but I'm a sucker for a cigar that comes in a black tubo (Zino, Regius, Tat, Party).
    Really?!? I can't say anything around here. You have no idea how many posts I type and then realize that what I'm saying could be dangerous and immediately delete. Apparently, I wasn't as sharp today.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ddubridge:
    Yes...that cigar is a torpedo.
    But the tubo (at least the ones I've had) are not "torpedo shaped"....just rounded at the top.

Liquedchaos.....Are you thinking of an actual tubo that's torpedo shaped. Or just the torpedo vitola in a tubo? (Did I lose you?)

In my mind....
    Something like this = torpedo shaped tubo
    The tubo itself seems "pointier" at the top

Something like this = torpedo in a tubo
    Just a "regular" rounded tubo with a torpedo inside
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    SleevePlz:
    Really?!? I can't say anything around here. You have no idea how many posts I type and then realize that what I'm saying could be dangerous and immediately delete. Apparently, I wasn't as sharp today.
    I have to try and gather info while I can, you see. You and I have this on going thing we cant seem to get over and while my bio is full of wonderful things I like and would like to try (thus making your job easy), your bio is "sorry not availible." Just filing this one away just in case I need it again.

Now...back on topic. I think the Gurkha Seduction torpedo come in a tubo torpedo.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    But the tubo (at least the ones I've had) are not "torpedo shaped"....just rounded at the top.

Liquedchaos.....Are you thinking of an actual tubo that's torpedo shaped. Or just the torpedo vitola in a tubo? (Did I lose you?)

In my mind....

yeah I was curious on both fronts. Don't know why it didn't occur to me that they could put a torpedo in a standard round tubo tube. I also hadn't ever seen a pointier tubo. I have only bought 2 tubos in my time thus far (perdomo champagne magnum and nub Cameroon from my B&M). I received one from a bomb and other than that... Never looked into them.
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

In my mind....

I could have sworn I had the pvinisher in torpedo tubo form. I just checked google and I dont see one. Guess I'll recheck when I get home, but it looks like you are correct.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ddubridge:
    I could have sworn I had the pvinisher in torpedo tubo form. I just checked google and I dont see one. Guess I'll recheck when I get home, but it looks like you are correct.
    Like this???
    This is the kind I've had. I was trying to say that the metal tubo for the punisher was not torpedo shaped, it was rounded on the top. The cigar is torpedo shaped though. Like this:

Look at those pics in my last post closer ---- notice the difference in the tat tubo vs the cao tubo - tat comes more to a point, cao is rounded.
    (Have I gotten you utterly confused? Because now I'm starting to get confused...
    Are we talking about "tubo torpedos or torpedo tubos"? Try saying that five times fast.)
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    Like this???
    This is the kind I've had. I was trying to say that the metal tubo for the punisher was not torpedo shaped, it was rounded on the top. The cigar is torpedo shaped though. Like this:

Look at those pics in my last post closer ---- notice the difference in the tat tubo vs the cao tubo - tat comes more to a point, cao is rounded.
    (Have I gotten you utterly confused? Because now I'm starting to get confused...
    Are we talking about "tubo torpedos or torpedo tubos"? Try saying that five times fast.)
    I'm with ya. I must have imagined the tip being pointed and not rounded. Probably because its the same color as the black tat tubo. Who knows?