Home General Discussion

65 - 75

MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
What's the main difference you will notice if you keep cigars at 75 for humidity vs 65? I'm trying to decide which boveda pack to purchase.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    For me, 75 would be way too high to smoke... Even at 70 I seem to get waaaay more problems with draw being too tight. I shoot for 65 in my main humi and maybe slightly higher in cooler since I don't smoke sticks directly out of it.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I'd go for the 65's no doubt! I actually like my humi between 60-65max humidity
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    zeebra:
    I'd go for the 65's no doubt! I actually like my humi between 60-65max humidity
    yup I go 65 but do have some 62's coming too me. One too high rh 70-75+ will cause mold and beetles! For me I like it around 65-67 too smoke and 62-65 for aging. But yeah 75 way too high!!
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    Why do they sell 75 then if it is deemed to high? I'm just curious. Thanks in advance guys.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    well the way i see it Rh depends on ones preference,i keep wineadors i have some i keep at 68-70rh and others i keep at 70-74rh.
    my temps are at 62-65*.
    i have yet to get both mold or beetles, but then again i am the type that when i get anything new i do a complete inspection empty box's all they way out, look over every stick and rebox in original box and place in my wineadors.

the way i see it if your at 70% and you temps are hitting 70-75-80* guess what? you created a warm tropical enviroment,(to many years keeping poison dart frogs) thats when mold and insects etc pop up, lower that temp to say 60-65* it's cooler not hot and humid, but cool and humid, with proper rotation and monitoring you should be set.

i do keep 3 humidors 1 for over flow of loose sticks, my counter top model for my daily choices which i refill once a week from my wineadors, and my old 600ct that i keep box's in also,
    but i tend to all my cigars once a week, checking everything fans in wineadors, humidification devices, and hygrometers, buts that me i'm a bit OCD about this,

personally i prefer a cigar at 72rh feels better and smokes better for me,
    so as long as your not keeping a high warm temp, 75%rh i dont see being a problem, but this is what works for me,
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    MorganGeo:
    Why do they sell 75 then if it is deemed to high? I'm just curious. Thanks in advance guys.
    I think maybe for humidors that lose a lot of moister. I have wondered that about the 72's as well and that's all I could think of