Home Non Cigar Related

Why can not we all forget and move on?

RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
Things were done and punishment was dealt out. I am over it and hold no animosity towards anyone except myself for putting myself in a precarious situation. But as I breath, the World spins and the Sun will come up tomorrow and a new and bright day shall emerge. Let us all try and concentrate on tomorrow and forget the past shall we?

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    I feel in an unusual and very welcome mood tonight. I hope to find everyone in such a good place.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Seems to me like that's what he's going for Randy.

Rodney take a break, go fishing, have a cigar, clear your head.
    I will take a break from my usual writing for the rest of the night and wish all a good night's sleep.

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    *makes popcorn*
    All is good if you let the gladness in your heart guide you.
    New Boots:
    *makes popcorn*

:-)

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Rain:
    I'm Rain, and I'm newb-sauce
    Popcorn?!
    I am in an especially good mood tonight, anyone stand in need of something within reason?
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose and if in some way I have upset anyone on the forums, then here and now I make a formal apology, the only question is will you accept it?

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    RBeckom:
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose and if in some way I have upset anyone on the forums, then here and now I make a formal apology, the only question is will you accept it?

send me some opus x and I'll forgive you for whatever you did. lol. Jk. :)
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    yeah, this guy wasn't the other brand new account.......OK
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Welcome back, Rodney!!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    RBeckom:
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose.>
    Gotta disagree with you on that one.
    Arguing is a form of debating. Debating can be productive.
    If you can argue reasonably and civilly, then that is productive.
    And coming from a family of 6 kids, I can debate the hell out of doing the dishes. LOL!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    0patience:
    RBeckom:
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose.>
    And coming from a family of 6 kids, I can debate the hell out of doing the dishes. LOL!
    Actually debating is a form of arguing. I agree with you though. Arguing can be hostile but it need not be. It's actually such a broad category that practically anything that you state to someone else with an objective is an argument.

If you can get your hands on the book "How To Argue and Win Every Time" by Gerry Spence, read it. It's fantastically entertaining, enlightening, and funny.
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:
    Actually debating is a form of arguing. I agree with you though. Arguing can be hostile but it need not be. It's actually such a broad category that practically anything that you state to someone else with an objective is an argument.

If you can get your hands on the book "How To Argue and Win Every Time" by Gerry Spence, read it. It's fantastically entertaining, enlightening, and funny.
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

But what if the subject of the argument is arguing itself? Is it then debate or in fact arguing in the first place?

• No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Puff_Dougie:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

I had the embed code copied ready to past but you beat me lol
    I'm not arguing.
    Yes you are.
    Are not.
    Are two.
    Dee two.
    Wait, what?

Arguing is motivated debating.
    ^^^^ Haha! Great minds think alike! ^^^
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

But what if the subject of the argument is arguing itself? Is it then debate or in fact arguing in the first place?

Depends on how you go about it actually. A debate is simply a formal argument.
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Then can we assume that if all debating is arguing is it then logical to assume that all arguing is debating?
    If so than I have to rethink most of the discussions in my life.

RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Then can we assume that if all debating is arguing is it then logical to assume that all arguing is debating?

Oh... now you're just trying to pick a fight... which is quantitatively and qualitatively different from an argument or a debate... just sayin'.
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Yes, all debating is arguing. Most people get confused her because they think arguing is something they do with their spouse or someone else they dislike.
    No. Not all arguments are debates. Debates have formal guidelines and are conducted civilly. Often debates are overseen and those not following the guidelines are excused from the debate, not unlike these forums with its moderators.

If the debate strays, becomes course, insulting, inflammatory, or derogatory, then it simply becomes a quarrel, a squabble, an altercation. Take your pick. It's still an argument, but no longer a debate.
    Puff_Dougie:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Oh... now you're just trying to pick a fight... which is quantitatively and qualitatively different from an argument or a debate... just sayin'.

According to the information I have been given, I am simply debating an argument. Or is it arguing a debate. Now I am confused, what was I trying to say here anyway? Either way it is civil and that my friends is what really matters. Is it not?

I'm glad you're back Rodney.
    clearlysuspect:
    I'm glad you're back Rodney.

Could not have came back to a more fun conversation than this.

clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Yes, all debating is arguing. Most people get confused her because they think arguing is something they do with their spouse or someone else they dislike.
    No. Not all arguments are debates. Debates have formal guidelines and are conducted civilly. Often debates are overseen and those not following the guidelines are excused from the debate, not unlike these forums with its moderators.

If the debate strays, becomes course, insulting, inflammatory, or derogatory, then it simply becomes a quarrel, a squabble, an altercation. Take your pick. It's still an argument, but no longer a debate.

Where could I find such a overseer to keep me out of trouble?